This year has been stressful, and we all deserve some rest and relaxation! Take a mid-week break with cool drink specials in Addison or go out to dinner with a veteran to celebrate Veteran’s Day this Wednesday. Later in the week, enjoy live music or an entertaining shows around town. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below.
Wind down with wine specials and other drink deals in the Corridor.
1. Visit Antonio Ristorante from 4-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday for happy hour specials! These include 50% off wine by the glass, $5 well cocktails, $3 domestic bottles, and 20% off pizzas and starters. Also, don’t miss their amazing Tasting Tuesdays, happening at 6 p.m. every Tuesday night. The restaurant’s culinary team will guide you through a hand-picked selection of three Italian wines paired perfectly with three heavy hors-d’oeuvres.
2. From noon-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, Arthur’s Steakhouse offers happy hour specials in the bar. You can get $4.50 house wine, beer for $3.50 or $5.50, well drinks for $5.50, calls for $7.50, martinis for $7.50, premium drinks for $8.50 and frozen drinks for $9.
Celebrate Veteran’s Day at one of these area restaurants.
3. From now through Thursday, Nov. 12, veterans will receive 25% off dinner at Texas de Brazil. Simply mention to your server that you are a veteran and present your valid military ID to receive 25% off up to six veterans or active duty military members per table (does not include beverages, desserts, tax or gratuity). Even if you aren’t a veteran, you can still come in and enjoy delicious flame-grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken, Brazilian sausage and more at full price.
4. As a thank you to veterans and active duty military, Cantina Laredo is offering a complimentary entrée on Wednesday, Nov. 11, with proof of military service (limit $20). Additionally, this Saturday, everyone is invited to an exclusive Tequila Dinner featuring Tequila Herradura. This four-course menu includes Camarones al mojo de ajo, roasted poblano potato soup, your choice of filet con pasilla or stuffed quail with plum sauce, and tequila caramel sauce grilled bananas. Make a reservation by calling 972-458-0962.
Enjoy live music this Saturday night.
Ron Taylor and Darrin DeLatte are returning to Addison this Saturday night, where they will play at The Lion & The Crown at 8 p.m. Saturday night. This acoustic duo plays original music plus classic songs by “the greatest artists of all time,” according to their bio. There will be no cover charge, so you can just come on in, enjoy the music and grab a cool drink with friends.
Arts and Entertainment
See a live show in Addison this weekend.
6. Antigone premieres at Outcry Theatre Friday, Nov. 13. The production takes place in a city ravaged by civil war, where a young woman named Antigone defies the decree of King Creon and buries her traitorous brother. She is sentenced to death – even though she is betrothed to King Creon’s son, Haimon. When the King refuses Haimon’s pleas for mercy, he receives an ominous visit from the blind prophet, Teiresias, warning of the danger of executing Antigone. This is based on the 2,500-year-old play by the Greek tragedian, Sophocles, and will be available for live-streaming for $11.
7. Looking for some light-hearted fun this weekend? Head to Addison Improv to see Steve Treviño on his I Speak Wife Tour 2020, Thursday-Saturday nights. Treviño is known as “America’s Favorite Husband,” with over 175 million views online, sold-out shows, nearly one million social media followers, and headlining specials for Amazon, NETFLIX, Showtime and others. This year, he also released a joint podcast with his wife, Renae, titled “Steve Treviño and His Captain Evil.” Tickets are available at 8 p.m. Nov. 12, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Nov. 13, and 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Nov. 14.