It’s so cold in Addison! With low temperatures and constant rain, it is a perfect week to bundle up in warm clothes and spend time catching up on good movies or warming up with hot soups. It’s also Halloween on Saturday, so don’t forget to dress up in your spookiest outfits for a fun night on the town! Check out our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week for more ideas, below.
Try these delicious fall cocktails this week!
1. Visit Stirr inside Village on the Parkway this week to try their limited time fall cocktails! Happy hour is from 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can get $3 off signature cocktails, $2 off wine by the glass, $1 off beer, and ½ priced shared plates and flats.
2. At Lazy Dog, you can’t go wrong with their Smoked Maple Bacon Old Fashioned! Yes, it is as good as it sounds. It’s made with house-made bacon-washed Tin Cup Whiskey, cedar smoke, Montenegro amaro liqueur, bitters, maple syrup and maple candy. Happy hour is from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 9-11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday.
Warm up with a delicious soup in the Corridor.
3. Try the amazing tortilla soup at Cantina Laredo! It’s made with tender pulled chicken, avocado and crispy tortillas. While you’re there, be sure to order the limited time Day of the Dead Cocktails, poured in fun themed cups that you get to take home!
4. Try the delicious French onion soup at Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill this weekend! Or, you could go for one of their seasonal soups as an appetizer, then move on to a warm NY strip or filet mignon for dinner.
Live music is never far away when you live in Addison.
5. This weekend is going to be a party at Sidecar Social! Friday night at 7 p.m. is a Pink Party featuring the music of Cherry. Proceeds from the sale of pink glow sticks and necklaces will go to Joan Katz Cancer Resource Center to support those affected by breast cancer. On the patio Friday night will be the live acoustic music of Johnny Couper.On Saturday (Halloween night!), Deejay Shaolin will be spinning tunes starting at 7 p.m. There will also be a costume contest Saturday night, where you can win $500, $300 and $200 for winning first, second or third place, respectively. Throughout the night, you can also play bocce ball, pop-a-shot or ping pong.
Arts and Entertainment
Party at a local spot or stay home and enjoy a good movie this Halloween.
6. Dress up and go to a Halloween party this weekend. Ida Claire is hosting a Halloween Maskuerade this Saturday at 8 p.m., where you are encouraged to wear masks and costumes for a fun pairing dinner. There will also be a DJ, tarot card readings, photo booth and a costume contest, in addition to the 3-course menu paired with cocktails from Lockwood Distilling Company. While you’re there, be sure to try the $5 Zombie and $5 Hocus Pocus cocktail. The Mucky Duck is also hosting a Halloween party on Saturday at 9 p.m., where you can dance to the live DJ and enter the costume contest ($500 first place and $200 second place prizes).
7. If you don’t feel like going out, stay home and watch a fun Halloween movie instead! You can stream Hubie Halloween on Netflix. Adam Sandler plays Hubie, who isn’t the most popular guy in Salem, Mass., but he is passionate about helping people. When Halloween turns spooky, the good-hearted scaredy cat sets out to keep his town safe. It’s a feel-good movie that will make you laugh!