Helping others is always a good idea. Whether you are donating money to local nonprofit organizations, donating food or clothes to those in need, or dining out to support local restaurants, there are plenty of ways to give back in Addison. Learn about all these things and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Cold, strong drinks can be yours at these happy hour specials in Addison.
1. Try one of Sidecar Social’s new drinks this week, including the Cool Azul, Double Lemon Drop, Classic Sidecar, Gold Rush, Spicy Pina Rita, Top Shelf Margarita and All Out Hurricane! Stop by for Social Hour from open-6 p.m. Monday-Friday to score $4 call drinks and ½-off house wine by the glass. Additionally, come by for $5 martinis on Wednesdays and $5 draft cocktails on Thursdays! Finally, be sure to drop in Saturday from 2-4 p.m. to participate in the Howl-O-Ween Puppy Costume Contest, where the top 3 best-dressed pups will go home with a fancy doggie bag.
2.Have happy hour at home with Gloria’s Latin Cuisine’s extensive curbside pick-up and delivery drink menu! You can get 14oz of the House Margarita frozen or on the rocks for just $10 each, 16oz Gloria’s Signature Margarita for $16, 14oz Gloria’s Casa Noble Meltdown Margarita for $14, and 14oz Frozen Strawberry, Mango, Guava or Swirl Margarita for $11 each.
Satisfy your seafood cravings in Addison this week.
3. Visit RA Sushi for tons of delicious sushi options. Some of their specialty rolls include the Filet Mignon Tataki Roll, made with cucumber, avocado and asparagus rolled and topped with seared filet mignon, creamy wasabi sauce and micro greens; Chili Ponzu Yellowtail Roll, which is a spicy yellowtail mix rolled with cucumber, avocado, jalapenos and cilantro; and the Surf and Turf roll, which is a spicy tuna mix with shrimp tempura and cucumber, rolled and topped with seared filet mignon. Of course, RA also offers shareables, soups, salads, entrees, “RA”men and other specials. Through the month of October, you can also get the Pink Hope Roll, made with spicy tuna mix, cucumber, avocado and jalapeno, rolled with red tempura bits and wrapped in pink soy paper, for $12 and the Prophesy Rose wine for $38. A portion of both items will be donated to the American Cancer Society in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
4. At The Low-Key Poke Joint, you get to decide exactly how you want your lunch to be. Start with a base of a wrap or a bowl. Options include seaweed, sesame soy, Cheetos, Jasmine rice, spring mix and more. Next, add your protein. This ranges from salmon to tuna to shrimp to spicy crab to octopus and more. Then, choose your sides of onions, green onions, purple cabbage, carrots, crab meat, masago, cucumber or avocado. From there, add your toppings and sauces! Add a side of truffle fries and you’re ready for a delicious meal!
Dance all night to live music at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub!
5. Time Machine kicks off the live music weekend at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub with their Rockstar Fantasy Karaoke on Wednesday, Oct. 21. Then, come back Thursday to enjoy Latin Thursdays with DJ Chirinos. Friday night will be a party, as Live 5, the premiere party band, takes the stage. Finally, end the weekend strong on Saturday night with The Max.
Arts and Entertainment
Do your part to give back to the community by participating in these local events this weekend.
6. Addison’s Sustainability Day is happening this Saturday from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. Bring your used clothes, electronics, toys, office equipment, non-perishable and canned food items and more to be donated or safely recycled. You will be provided a tax deduction slip, and the first 100 cars will receive a free t-shirt for participating!
7. Support local arts by donating to WaterTower Theatre’s Sustain the Mission Campaign,designed to “sustain the theater through this unprecedented time for arts organizations while delivering the innovative and high-quality programming its patrons have come to expect.” WTT has a goal of raising $100,000 during the 25th Anniversary Season, from now through Sept. 2021. The organization plans to combine grassroots fundraising efforts with personal donor engagement. From now through Dec. 31, 2020, participants who pledge a minimum of $5 will earn an entry in a raffle to win a $500 VISA gift card.