Cheer on your favorite football teams with a glass of cold beer and a pizza. Meet a friend for a delicious cocktail at happy hour. Dance the night away to live music performed by talented local bands and support the community by seeing a play or a comedian perform in Addison. There are so many ways to stay entertained this week! Check out a few ideas in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below. Then, be sure to share pictures with us when you are hanging out around town!
Head to Village on the Parkway for happy hour this week!
1. Happy hour takes place from 3-7 p.m. at Stirr, where you can score $1 off beer, $2 off wine by the glass and $3 off specialty cocktails. Some of these sweet options include With Bells On, made with Belvedere vodka, peach schnapps, fresh lemon juice, OJ, simple syrup, Truly draft and a lemon wedge; Straight to Health, with Volcan de mi Blanco tequila, low calorie simple syrup, fresh lime, and a 6.5-oz. bottle of Topo Chico; and the Femme Faaise, made with Grey Goose vodka, strawberry basil syrup, fresh lemon juice, and a strawberry garnish.
2. Check out the Sunday football games and enjoy delicious food and drinks at Yard House! Or, come in for happy hour, which takes place from Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. and from Sunday-Thursday from 9:30 p.m.-close. During happy hour, you can get $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails, as well as $3 off 9 oz. wine and $4 off Half Yards. Select delicious appetizers and pizzas are also half-priced.
You don’t need an excuse to enjoy a steak dinner in Addison this weekend!
3. Treat yourself to a delicious 3-course dinner at Table 13 this weekend! Come in Thursday and Friday for a 3-course meal for just $34.95 per person. Starters include your choice of Table 13 house salad, Caesar salad or lobster bisque. Follow that with a mouth-watering entrée. Choose from the Filet Mignon with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, the Salmon Meuniere with green beans amandine, Lemon Caper Chicken with sauteed heirloom tomatoes and artichokes, and Shrimp Scampi on a bed of pasta. For dessert, you can get either Kahlua Cake or Bread Pudding. Make reservations now to secure your spot!
4. Have a date night or make plans for your next holiday get-together at 12 Cuts Steakhouse. Come in for lunch from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday or for dinner from 5-10. p.m. Monday-Thursday, 5-10:30 p.m. Friday, 4-10:30 p.m. Saturday or 4-9 p.m. Sunday. You can enjoy over 12 cuts of prime choices of meats and fresh salad, brought right to. Your table, as well as hot specialty dishes, grilled pineapple, and delicious desserts. Also, when you. Reserve a holiday event for at least 15 people, you will get no room fees, no minimum and a $100 gift card!
Sidecar Social has you covered with amazing live music all weekend long!
5. Let the stress of the world fade away by heading to Sidecar Social this weekend to enjoy some amazing live music. The weekend lineup kicks off on Thursday night at 7 p.m. with Chant Duplantier on the patio. On Friday, listen to Nikki & Ryan on the patio at 7 p.m., followed by the Velcro Pygmies on the main stage at 9 p.m. Next up is Austin English on the patio at 7 p.m. Saturday night, followed by the Jam Wows on the main stage at 9 p.m. Finally, come back Monday night at 7:20 p.m. for a watch party of the Dallas Cowboys vs. the LA Rams!
Arts and Entertainment
From funny to heartfelt, there are plenty of awesome events happening in Addison this weekend.
6. Kountry Wayne is coming to Addison Improv this weekend! Kountry is a social media superstar, who has amassed millions of followers on Facebook and Instagram with his hilarious short videos. Now, he has sold out clubs and theaters across the country, went on the 150-date national Child Support Tour in 2017, has performed alongside comedy great Mike Epps, and continues to build a fan base with his funny, clean and curse-free comedy. Watch the show at 7:30 p.m. or 9:45 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. Saturday, or 7 p.m. Sunday.
7. In case you missed it, WaterTower Theatre’s live-recorded production of ONE Addison is still available for streaming! This show is a love letter to the Town of Addison and the theater community in general. It features songs recorded live by Denise Lee, Christine Cornish Smith, Christopher Deaton, Brian Gonzales, Devin Berg, Ashley Puckett Gonzales, Feleceia Benton and Jamall Houston, as well as an original spoken word by Verb Kulture and an original dance by Kellie Carroll and Ania Lyons. A limited number of discounted tickets are available with the promo code “ADDISON” at checkout. The show will be available until Oct. 25.