With the beginning of fall just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about the different flavors and dishes that the new season brings. As the temperature starts to dip, it’s time to think about drinks that we can enjoy out by the fire pit on the patio hanging out with friends
Let’s start with a Ginger Pear Snap cocktail recipe that comes from Larkspur restaurant in Vail, Colorado.
Light pear and ginger highlight a unique fall vibe.
- 2 ounces Hangar One Spiced Pear Vodka
- ½ ounce Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ¼ ounce fresh ginger
- Sprig of rosemary
- Dash rhubarb bitters
- 3 ounces sparkling pear juice
- Gingerbread spice for rimming glass
- Garnish: dehydrated pear chip, pear slice, and/or rosemary sprig
- Rim a Collins or Highball glass with gingerbread spice.
- In a shaker, mix vodka, ginger liqueur, lemon juice, fresh ginger and rosemary with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Fill the glass with ice, then strain shaker into the glass, and top with bitters and pear soda. Garnish with dehydrated pear chip, pear slice and/or rosemary sprig.
Legend has it that our next fall cocktail drink was invented in London in the late ’80s. The Espresso Martini is the perfect post-dinner cocktail to give you that shot of energy you need. This delicious cocktail is made with vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur and simple syrup, and it’s just the kind of pick-me-up-drink to enjoy over by the fireplace out on the patio as the temperatures start to dip.
To make the Espresso Martini you will need:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce freshly brewed espresso
- Garnish: coffee beans
- Add all of the ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.
- Fine-strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans.
Perhaps one of the most recognizable cocktails is the classic Old Fashioned. Easy to make and, of course, delicious to drink. This is a classic drink that’s a must at any get-together.
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger bourbon whiskey
- 1 slice orange
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Pour the simple syrup, water and bitters into a whiskey glass then stir to combine.
- Place the ice cubes in the glass, pour bourbon over the ice and, finally, garnish with the orange slice and maraschino cherry.
Do you have a favorite fall cocktail? Share it with us in the comments section below.