After a long weekend, going back to the workweek can be exhausting. (Why are there so many unread emails to go through?) Don’t worry: Addison’s got your back. There are so many happy hour specials, savory seafood, awesome live music and beautiful works of art to keep you happy and entertained throughout this entire week! Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Cheers to another great weekend!
1. Happy hour happens every day from 4-11 p.m. at the Lion and the Crown. Come in for $3 wells and $2 Miller Lites. You can also get daily specials, including $2.50 house wine and wells on Wednesday; $1/50 off all Texas beers, Tito’s and Red River Whiskey on Thursday; $3 wells and shots and $5 premium shots on Friday and Saturday, and $12 domestic buckets on Sunday. This Saturday night you can also hear Exit 51 play live, starting at 9 p.m.
2. Grab a cold one at The Mucky Duck during happy hour from 4-7 p.m. You can score $4 wells, house wines and select drafts. While you’re there, grab a pizza, wings or tacos to munch on while hanging out at this pub. It’s a great weekend activity!
Savory seafood in the Corridor.
3. This week’s Destination Addison theme is “So-FISH-ticated,” which is celebrating all things seafood! Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House offers several delicious fish meals, but this Thursday beginning at 6:30 p.m. will be extra special: they are hosting a “Texas Style” dinner, with musician Les Farrington playing the hits of George Strait. You have a choice of several starters and entrees, but if you want to stay with the seafood theme, then go with the Spice Seared Texas Redfish entrée, served with herb Cajun butter, sweet corn grits and wilted greens. Finish it with a Frozen Top Shelf Margarita Pie, with cactus pear and fresh berry sauce; or a Warm Chocolate Pecan Tart, made with local whiskey caramel sauce.
4. Treat yourself to lobster this weekend at Lefty’s Lobster and Chowder House! You can get Maine lobsters served with potatoes and vegetables, lobster tails, pan fried lobsters, baked stuffed lobsters and more. Other options include smoked salmon, crab cake, steamed clams and so much more.
Don’t miss the last weekend of Addison Weekend Drive-In!
5. This week’s lineup at Addison Weekend Drive-In includes Raised Right Men, a classic country band, and the Redwine Band, a Texas country and Top 40 music cover band. Gates open at 7:30 p.m. for the shows that run from 8:30-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday night. Grab a bite to eat beforehand and enjoy the awesome live music from the comfort of your own car. You can even stay in a hotel and make it a fun weekend staycation!
Arts and Entertainment
Check out new art this weekend.
6. Appreciating local artwork is one of my favorite things to do. Head over to Valley House Gallery to see their latest exhibit, “On Being Human,” through October 31. This exhibit reflects on the importance of basic humanity and the value of other people. After isolating for the COVID-19 pandemic, humans have realized our need to be surrounded by others, so this exhibit – featuring many different artists – showcases humans through the eyes of the artists.
7. There are several new arrivals at Southwest Gallery this week. See the gorgeous fall colors in Roberto Ugalde’s “Autumn Reflections,” and the striking photo of a woman in a field in Lee Herring’s “Waiting.” After admiring, take some home to brighten up your space.