Happy fall! With the new season and cooler weather upon us, it’s the perfect weekend to enjoy cozy fall activities – like carving a pumpkin, eating pumpkin-flavored goodies or catching up on some classic fall movies. You should also treat yourself to a nice warm meal (prepared by someone else) or grab some cocktails with friends. The possibilities are endless! Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week in the Corridor.
The best way to break up a long week is by going to happy hour!
1. Head to Stirr inside Village on the Parkway for delicious happy hour special from 3-7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Here, you can get $3 off signature cocktails, $2 off wine by the glass and $1 off beer. You can also take advantage of ½-priced shared plates and ½-priced flats. Be sure to take pictures in front of the pretty, Insta-worthy “Hello Gorgeous” wall while you’re there!
2. At Plucker’s Wing Bar, you can get $1 off Plucker’s cocktails, and $1 off 34 oz. Mother Plucker mugs during happy hour from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. They also have daily specials, including $1 off Texas-made pints, bottles, cans and cocktails on Tuesday, $1 off specialty margaritas on Thursday, $1 off Plucker’s cocktails on Sunday and more.
Grab a meal kit to enjoy at home this week!
3. Every week, Lawry’s the Prime Rib is offering unique family-style meal kits, which are hot and ready to eat each Tuesday-Sunday. This week, you can get a chilled shrimp cocktail, chicken pot pie, buttered potatoes, snap peas and flourless chocolate cake for just $89.
4. Serve 4-5 people with the family meal kits at Lazy Dog. The Fried Chicken Meal is made with hand-dipped buttermilk boneless chicken breasts, red skin potato mash and sautéed spinach with smoked bacon. You can also get the Fettuccine Alfredo, with creamy fettuccine noodles, parmesan chardonnay cream sauce and Romano cheese, served with Caesar salad. There are so many options available, ranging from $25-$50 each.
Dance to live music on the patio at Ida Claire!
5. Every Friday night, Ida Claire is hosting live music on the patio! Each week features performances from some of the most talented local country artists, as well as cocktail and Southern fare, from 8-11 p.m. This week, you can hear the music of Matt Tedder, an old soul whose distinct songwriting style has been compared to Tom Petty and The Rolling Stones.
Arts and Entertainment
Celebrate the first week of fall with a cozy night at home!
6. Start by shopping for a pumpkin at Whole Foods Addison. You can take this home later and carve or paint it for a festive decoration! While you’re there, be sure to try one of their delicious pumpkin-flavored goodies, like the Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Sandwich Cremes ($4). Next, pick up a dozen Fall Assortment donuts at Duck Donuts. These come with delicious flavors, like Apple Pie, Maple Bacon, Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Streusel, Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter Paradise, Caramel Apple Pie and More. Then, head to Francesca’s inside Village on the Parkway to grab this beautiful Alva Plaid Fringe Poncho ($48). This pretty red-and-blue plaid poncho is like a fashionable fall blanket, that wraps around you to keep you warm on chilly fall nights. Finally, turn on Sleepless in Seattle on Netflix, this famous Nora Ephron film starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. This fall rom-com is about fate, bringing together a lovelorn widower and an unhappily engaged journalist. It’s exactly what you need to complete your cozy night at home.
7. This Friday night, don’t miss the newest movie to hit AMC Village on the Parkway 9: Kajillionaire! This drama is about con-artists Theresa (Debra Winger) and Robert (Richard Jenkins), who have spent 26 years training their only daughter, Old Dolio (Evan Rachel Wood) to swindle, scam and steal at every opportunity. During one hastily planned heist, they charm a stranger (Gina Rodriguez) into joining in, resulting in their world being turned upside down.