Can you believe summer is coming to an end? Although the official start of fall is still a few weeks away, Labor Day weekend always seems to mark the unofficial end of summer. It’s the last party – the last holiday weekend – filled with swimming, BBQs and soaking up the sun before we all turn our attention to focus on school, work and getting ready for fun fall activities like carving pumpkins and planning holiday get-togethers. So, make this weekend count. Meet friends for happy hour. Order sweet treats for dessert. Just remember to have fun! Learn more in our guide of 6 Things To Do This Week below.
Grab a refreshing cocktail in Addison this week.
1. Happy hour at Table 13 takes place every weekday from 4-7 p.m. where you can get awesome drink specials in this upscale atmosphere, reminiscent of the early 1960s. Also, come in from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday to treat yourself to $3 martinis. While you’re there, be sure to try some of their vintage drink options, like the Zombie, Scorpion, Manhattan and French 75 among others.
2. Help Kenny’s Italian Kitchen celebrate its 10-year anniversary by stopping in for happy hour this week! From 2-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, you can get $4 wells, $5 house wines and $1 off beers. Pair that with the delicious Midnight Meatballs or Garlic Cheese Bread, and you will have the perfect afternoon!
Treat yourself to sweets in Addison.
3. Regular donuts are just plain boring compared to Duck Donuts in Addison! You’ve got to try their assortment of fall donuts, including Apple Pie, made with vanilla icing with apple streusel and cinnamon sugar; Maple Bacon, with maple icing and chopped bacon; Pumpkin Roll, with pumpkin icing and vanilla drizzle; Pumpkin Streusel, with pumpkin icing and streusel; Salted Caramel, topped with vanilla icing and salted caramel drizzle; Caramel Apple Pie, glazed with apple and salted caramel drizzle; and more.
4. This Friday, Cinnaholic is opening inside Village on the Parkway! They offer create-your-one cinnamon rolls and other sweet treats made from scratch, which are all fresh baked and 100% vegan and Kosher, as well as dairy and lactose-free, egg-free and cholesterol-free. Some of their decadent options include the Angel Food Cake Roll, which is topped with angel food cake frosting, fresh strawberries, blueberries, marshmallows and powdered sugar; the Cookie Dough Cheesecake Roll, with cheesecake frosting topped with house-made chocolate chip cookie dough, graham cookies and chocolate; and Cinnasticks, which is their famous dough coated in buttery cinnamon and sugar then baked.
Arts and Entertainment
Destination Addison and other ways to stay entertained this week.
6. Destination Addison is the newest event started by Visit Addison, designed to help make a staycation more exciting. Each week, Visit Addison will take to the road with a different cuisine highlighted in Addison’s virtual voyage. They are inviting you to go on the journey with them, by sharing pictures from your past vacations that reflect the weekly theme, so we can all live vicariously through our collective past adventures. This year’s theme is Coast to Coast, highlighting restaurants that serve every aspect of American food. Share your pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Grand Canyon, Statue of Liberty or any other American thing you can think of with the #DestinationAddison and tagging @VisitAddison. Each week, two or more lucky people who participate will win $100 gift cards to an Addison restaurant. One grand prize winner will win an Addison Staycation for two that includes one weekend night in an Addison hotel, dinner and brunch.
7. This is the last weekend to go swimming at the Addison Athletic Club! They’re outdoor pool will be open this Friday from 4-7 p.m., Saturday from noon-5 p.m. and Monday (Labor Day) from noon-7 p.m. After that, they will be closed for the season! So grab your swimsuits, lather on that sunscreen and hit the pool for you last swim of the summer.