It’s a beautiful weekend to enjoy ice cold happy hour specials, warm dinners and gripping movies. In Addison, you can still enjoy DFW Restaurant Week specials at many local establishments, as well as enjoy the live music scene at Sidecar Social. And if you are feeling like a homebody, be sure to check out a new movie at AMC Village on the Parkway or curl up on the sofa with a new release at home. Learn about all these things and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
The best part of the day!
1. Happy hour is such a wonderful time to meet with friends or just enjoy a cold drink before going home. At Ida Claire, you can catch Vinyl Hour from 3-6 p.m. and from 9-11 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can get $5 cocktails, $5 wine, $3 draft beer and more. Be sure to order their spicy Fire in the Sky Margarita, made with monte Alban Blanco tequila, red bell pepper, Combier orange, paprika simple syrup and lemon juice.
2. Every day is happy hour at RA Sushi! Come in from 3-7 p.m. and from 10 p.m.-close Monday-Saturday, and from 3 p.m.-close on Sundays. You can get $2 off wines by the glass, as well as specials on signature spirits, beer, “Ra”ckin’ cocktails, artisanal sakes, and delicious bites.
Take your family out for delicious food to celebrate DFW Restaurant Week in Addison!
3. Support a good cause by ordering from the Restaurant Week menu at Table 13 this weekend. Enjoy a three-course meal for just $39 per person, and Table 13 will donate $4 to the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) from now through September 27. The first course is your choice of a delicious salad or lobster bisque. Next, choose from Surf and Turf, Steak Diane, Double Bone Hand Cut Pork Chop, Stuffed Halibut or Shrimp Scampi. For dessert, you can try a delicious Chocolate Kahlua Cake or the Seasonal Bread Pudding (apple bread with vanilla bean ice cream). You can also add sides and wine pairings for an extra charge.
4. Make a reservation at Lawry’s The Prime Rib from now through September 27 to order from their Restaurant Week Menu for $49 per person ($5 from each meal will be donated to the NTFB). Your first course is the Famous Spinning Bowl Salad, followed by your choice of Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef, Hickory Smoked Filet Mignon or Filet of Atlantic Salmon. You also get a choice of crab cake, jumbo shrimp or smoked pork belly! For dessert, enjoy the C.C. Brown’s Hot Fudge Sundae Sampler – yum! Drinks are available for an extra charge. You can also get their new Brisket Kit this week, featuring the Spinning Bowl Salad, slow-cooked brisket, mashed potatoes, braised green cabbage and Plum Upside Down Cake for just $99 through September 22.
The music doesn’t stop at Sidecar Social! Come in all weekend long to hear talented local musicians take the stage.
5. From acoustic country to pop songs to throwback hits, Sidecar Social has it all! Come in Thursday at 7 p.m. to hear Danni & Kris, an acoustic pop singer/songwriter duo. Then, Nikki & Ryan kick off Friday night at 7 p.m. with their blues-infused country rock. They are followed by Downtown Fever at 9 p.m. On Saturday, country band Shane Watson plays at 7 p.m., followed by rock/pop/dance group Big Daddy Band at 9 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
Enjoy a movie night (or two!) this weekend!
6. Now that AMC Village on the Parkway 9 has re-opened, there are plenty of awesome movies to see. Broken Hearts Gallery premiered September 11. This romance follows Lucy (Geraldine Viswanathan), a young art gallery assistant living in New York City who is an emotional hoarder. After she gets dumped by her latest boyfriend, she creates The Broken Hearts Gallery, a pop-up space featuring all the items that used to represent love. It quickly becomes popular, and it encourages all the romantics (and Lucy) to get a fresh start.
7. Stay in and catch a new movie on Hulu. Babyteeth will be available to stream September 18. This 2019 Australian movie stars Elizabeth Scanlen as Milla, a seriously ill teenager, who falls for a small-time drug dealer (Toby Wallace). Although her parents disapprove, the new romance helps Milla find a new passion and desire for living. It’s dramatic and heartfelt – perfect to watch on your next date night in.