Brighten your day by admiring pictures of adorable dogs! That’s right, our seventh annual Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest is now open for voting, through August 27.
Pet owners from all over the Corridor sent us their submissions of cute pups enjoying summertime, swimming in the pool, lounging on fluffy rugs, taking a nap, showing off their patriotic spirit and more. There are 29 finalists, but only one will win a special prize from our sponsor, Citydog! Club. Additionally, the winning pooch will be featured in the Fall/Winter 2020 issue of Addison – The Guide. That’s right, this could be the start of your dog’s famous influencer career (or just a really cool thing to brag about at the dog park).
Citydog! Club is the sponsor for the 2020 Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest. Located inside Vitruvian Park, Citydog is a grooming, playing and boarding club designed with dogs in mind. The indoor play park is open from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. and is a place where dogs can run around with other dogs, jump on trampolines, tug and fetch toys, and just have a good time. Dogs will also get an organic treat and have time for naps while calming music is played (it’s seriously a luxury experience!). If you are still feeling unsure, you can schedule a free Meet & Greet session to introduce your dogs to the club (don’t worry they will definitely love it!). Through the month of August, you can get four complimentary days with the purchase of a 20-day daycare package, or two complimentary days with the purchase of a 10-day package.
If you have to go out of town, Citydog! can keep your dog for the night, where he or she will be treated to a comfortable Kuranda bed while listening to music. The overnight employees make sure all dogs are safe, and the live webcam will give you peace of mind whenever you want to check in. Also, make sure to schedule a spa treatment for your cutie pie at the Citydog! Style Bar. The groomers start each pup with a HydroSurge bath and moisturizing rinse, then provide a heat-free hand blowout and brush, a nail trim and grind, a gentle ear cleansing and deodorizing, ear hair removal, gland express, spritz, Citydog! Club bandana and a complimentary organic treat. Your dog will leave feeling loved, pampered and totally refreshed. Right now, the Bath and Brush treatment is 30% off through the month of August, so reserve your spot today!
Last year’s photo contest winner was Otto Graham.
This year’s lineup is below:
- Bentley, a 2-year-old Pitt/Coonhound Mix
- Birdie, a 1-year-old Maltese
- Brutus, a 6-year-old German Shepherd Mix
- Bubbles, a 2-year-old Black Lab
- Burrito, a less than 1-year-old Chow Mix
- Corby, an 8-year-old Shiba Inu
- Dash, a 4-year-old Yellow Lab
- Memphis, a 3-year-old Vizsla
- Frodo, a 1-year-old Golden-Doodle
- Gizmo, an over 10-year-old Teacup Yorkie
- Kaiser, a 10-year-old Ausie Mix
- Henry, a 3-year-old Chow Border Collie Mix
- Juliet, an over 10-year-old Pug
- Kayso, a 2-year-old Golden Retriever
- Apollo, an 8-year-old St. Bernard/Golden Mix
- Lola, a 4-year-old Labrador Retriever
- Luka, a 1-year-old Mixed Breed
- Pico, a 7-year-old Great Dane/Standard Poodle
- Rico, a less than 1-year-old Australian Shepherd
- Rosie, a 2-year-old Corgi
- Sable, a 6-year-old Shiba Inu
- Sedona, a 2-year-old Mix
- Stella & Luna, 4-year-old Corgi and Terrier
- Stella, less than 1-year-old German Shepard Mix
- Sally, 7-year-old Golden Retriever
- Taco, 6-year-old Mixed Breed
- Tate, a 6-year-old Lhasa Apso
- Tito, a less than 1-year-old Carin Terrier
- Whiskey, a 4-year-old American Bulldog
To vote, simply visit our 2020 Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest page and fill out your name and email address. Then, read all about these adorable dogs, learn their favorite things to do, admire their cute photos and select one to vote for! You can only pick one dog per vote, but you can vote as many times as you like. And be sure to share a link to our photo contest to your social media accounts and encourage all your friends to vote as well. Thanks for voting!