Sunshine and tacos – what could be a better combination? This weekend, treat yourself to a spicy taco lunch or meet friends after work for a margarita in Addison. Later, listen to live music on the patio at Sidecar Social, or head home to stream one of the newest movies released, while munching on nachos from Chuy’s. For more tips on an entertaining weekend, keep reading for our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Raise a glass to delicious drinks in the Corridor!
1. Happy hour takes place at Cantina Laredo every day between 4-7 p.m. You can score $6 house margaritas, $5 house wines, $4 Mexican beers, $3 domestic beers and appetizer and taco specials. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, Cantina Laredo also hosts a Party on the Patio (socially distanced of course), where you can get special drinks for just $5, like a Strawberry Mango Rita or a White Peach Sangria.
2. Arthur’s Steakhouse hosts happy hour every weekday from noon-7 p.m. Come during this time for $4.50 house wine, $3.50 beer, $5.50 wells, $7.50 call drinks, $8.50 premium drinks, $7.50 martinis, and $9 frozen beverages. Summertime is meant to be enjoyed!
Lunchtime is the best time! Check out these great lunch specials this week.
3. Celebrate Taco Tuesday any day of the week by grabbing some delicious Mexican food at Los Lupes. You can get a plate of two soft or crispy tacos for just $7.95, brisket enchiladas for $8.95, shrimp brochette for $13.95 or a sizzling fajita plate for just $12.95. Wash it down with a delicious margarita!
4. Start your lunch at Chuy’s with a generous portion of their famous chips and salsa and creamy jalapeno sauce. Later, enjoy their carbon tacos, made with fajita beef or chicken with grilled onions and green chiles on flour tortillas. Other options include enchiladas, burritos, chicken flautas, and more. Or, order one of their family meal kits to go, like their serves four Fajita Kit or their Kick It UP A Nacho Happy Hour Kit.
Visit Sidecar Social this weekend for live music all weekend long!
5. Live music at Sidecar Social kicks off Thursday night with Danni & Kris at 7 p.m. on the patio. Friday night, you can hear James Lann on the patio at 7 p.m. and Time Machine in the main room beginning at 9 p.m. Saturday night, Chris Watson takes over the patio at 7 p.m., followed by Live 5 Band in the main room at 9 p.m. Finally, Tristan Inman finishes off the weekend with music on the patio beginning at 1 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
Since movie theaters in Addison haven’t re-opened yet, host a movie night at home this weekend!
6. Get ready to dance, as Work It will have you up on your feet and moving to the music in no time. This Netflix original comedy starring Sabrina Carpenter, Jordan Fisher and Liza Koshy is about a brilliant but clumsy high school senior, who works hard to get into her late father’s alma mater by transforming herself and her friends into dance champions. It’s the feel-good dance movie we’ve been missing in our lives.
7. Drinks, a wedding and a budding romance – what could go wrong? In the Hulu original movie Palm Springs, carefree Nyles (Andy Samberg) and reluctant maid of honor Sarah (Akiva Schaffer) seem friendly when they first meet at a wedding. However, things start to get weird fast when they realize they are unable to escape the wedding venue or each other as the day repeats itself over and over again.