Over the next several months, Oncor will be conducting their tower replacement project within the Redding Trail corridor in Addison. This trail will be closed once construction begins this week. Alternate trail and sidewalk routes (which can be found on this map) can be used until construction is completed in November.
Here is the timeline:
July 13-14: Parks crews will begin removing pedestrian light poles.
July 15-31: Vegetation removal and management.
- The trail will be closed from 7 a.m.-6 p.m., but it will be open during evening hours.
- Addison parks crews will install a vegetative screen along a small portion of the corridor.
Aug. 3-15: Access work.
- The trail will be closed from 7 a.m.-6 p.m., but it will be open during the evening hours.
- The Redding Trail Dog Park will be closed to allow Oncor to install temporary fencing. Once the fencing is installed, half of the dog park will be open for use.
- Oncor will perform Right of Way access work.
Aug. 17-Oct. 30: Install foundations and line construction.
- The trail will be closed to the public.
- A reduced portion of the Redding Trail Dog Park will open for use. Periodic closures for construction may be required.
Nov. 1-30: Clean-up and restoration
- The trail will re-open to the public.
- Oncor will clean-up and repair damage to the landscape.
- Addison parks crews will install the pedestrian light poles and replacement vegetation.
- Temporary fencing will be removed to allow full use of the dog park.
For your safety, the trail area is barricaded and marked as closed. Town staff request that you do not enter Oncor’s construction area. For more information, contact the parks department at 972-450-2851.