Buttery popcorn. Spicy sushi rolls. Ice-cold frozen margaritas. There are so many delicious things to eat and drink in the summertime in Addison! This week, check out the happy hour specials around time, enjoy some flavorful sushi, catch a movie at home or check out Addison’s newest form of entertainment, the Addison Weekend Drive-In. Learn all about these things and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Raise a glass to happy hour!
1. Drink specials are always a reason to celebrate. Come to 12 Cuts Steakhouse for happy hour from 4-6:30 p.m., where you can get their signature Brazilian Caipirinhas, Caipiroska and other specialty drinks for a fraction of the full price. These fruity, refreshing cocktails are perfect summertime treats.
2. Happy hour takes place from noon-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 5-7 p.m. Saturday at Arthur’s Steakhouse.Here, you can score house wine for $4.50, beer for $3.50, well drinks for $5.50, martinis for $7.50, frozen drinks for $9 and much more. If you get hungry, you can also order tasty appetizers, like the Fresh Homemade Jalepeno Poppers for $8, the Chicken Caesar Salad for $10 and the Prime Tenderloin Beef Sandwich and Fries for $10.
Feeling salty? Craving seafood? We got you! Check out these Corridor-based restaurants.
3. Discover your new favorite sushi roll at RA Sushi. The Tako To Me Roll is made with spicy octopus mix and cucumber, rolled with red tempura bits, sliced and topped with octopus, spicy mayo and Sriracha, and finished with green tempura bits and togarashi. It’s a flavor explosion in your mouth! You could also try their famous RA’ckin’ Roll, made with crab and cream cheese rolled, lightly tempura battered and topped with guacamole and RA’ckin’ Shrimp, then finished with a ginger teriyaki sauce, red tempura bits and togarashi. You can also get special hibachi entrees, poke and other Japanese dishes.
4. Although Addison Sushi 469 is currently closed for dine-in eating, you can still get their delicious food to go. Start with one of their popular appetizers, like the edamame, sautéed and tossed in special house seasoning, or the Amazon Roll, made with shrimp tempura, avocado topped with salmon, spicy tuna, eel sauce and spicy mayo. From there, you have many options for sushi, including tuna, salmon, yellowtail, crabstick, eel, squid, Kobe beef, octopus and much more. You could also order a specialty roll, like the Popcorn Shrimp Volcano Roll, which is a California roll with snow crab mix, cucumber, avocado, popcorn shrimp and honey mayo.
Listen to live music at the new Addison Weekend Drive-In!
5. Enjoy great tunes from the comfort of your car at the new Addison Weekend Drive-In, kicking off this Friday and Saturday from 8:30-10 p.m. Come out to Addison Circle Park and stay in your car to hear the sounds of All Funk Radio Show on Friday and D City Rock on Saturday. General admission is free, but keep in mind that only vehicles will be allowed on-site.
Arts and Entertainment
Make it movie night at home or see a show in town this weekend.
6. Missing that amazing movie-theatre experience? Although theatres are not open in Addison right now, that doesn’t mean you can’t make the best of it at home. Right now, LOOK Cinemas is offering a concession package for $15, which includes a large popcorn, two movie-size candies, and an ice cream sandwich (you can also add a large drink or a second large popcorn for $5). Free delivery within five miles or curbside pickup is available. Call 214-306-7444 to place your order. And when you get home, be sure to turn on The Old Guard, which is now streaming on Netflix. This movie, starring Charlize Theron, KiKi Layne, Matthias Schoenaerts and others, is about a group of mercenaries. These centuries-old immortals with the ability to heal themselves discover someone else knows their secret – and they must fight to protect their freedom. It’s an action-packed movie that will have you on the edge of your seat.
7. If you’d prefer to go out, then visit Addison Improv this weekend to see Ali Siddiq live from Thursday-Sunday. This comedian started honing his talents behind the walls of incarceration, making for interesting stories to be sure! He has appeared on HBO’s “Def Comedy Jam” and “Live From Gotham” and was named Comedy Central’s “#1 Comic to Watch” in 2013. He has also produced several comedy specials for Comedy Central.