If celebrating seems weird right now, we get it. If you just want to go out to dinner and try to forget your worries for a few hours, we completely understand. If you want to meet a friend for happy hour or drink at home while watching the fireworks on your computer, that works too. Even though you can’t celebrate at Kaboom Town!, you can still mark America’s birthday in other ways that feels right to you. If you need tips, check out my guide on 7 Things To Do This Week. Stay safe, Addison, and have a happy Fourth of July weekend!
Bars may be closed, but you can still find plenty of restaurants in Addison serving happy hour drinks, safely!
1. Happy hour specials start at just $3 at Texas de Brazil! Come in from 4:30-6 p.m. Monday-Friday to get $3 domestic beers, $5 glasses of TdB Private Label Wine, $5 Caipirinhas and well cocktails and $7 martinis. There are so many options, it’s hard to know where to start!
2. Another awesome happy hour spot is Nate’s Seafood. Score amazing specials from 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and from noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Here, you can get $1 off all liquor, $2 domestic pints, $.50 off regular pints, $1 off premium and micro-brew pints, $1 off bottled beer and $1 off all wine. (Don’t forget to ask about their secret happy hour food menu if you get hungry!) There are also extra drink specials on certain days at Nate’s. Wednesdays you can score half-price house wine, and Thursday and Sunday, you can get $2.50 Pacifico and Tecate cans, $3 Heineken and Heinekin Light and $3 Modello Pints.
Make your lunch break special this week, with a delicious sandwich in the Corridor.
3. Sandwiches don’t have to be boring – especially if you get one at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen. Their Italian Club sandwich is made with Genoa salami, ham, pepperoni, provolone, lettuce, tomato, red onion and pesto, served on amazing la Spiga focaccia bread. This lunch also comes with a side of delicious parmesan chips – yum! If you are still hungry, be sure to add one of their amazing side salds to your order, like the house, which comes with tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, pepperoni and Italian dressing on romaine lettuce.
4. Get a delicious, Southern sandwich at Ida Claire this week! Order the famous Monte Cristo, made with country ham, aged white cheddar and peppered bacon, topped with sweet powdered sugar and house jam. These come with a side of chips or a simple salad. For dessert, order one of Ida’s seasonal pies or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
5. Razzmatazz and The Ones are officially returning to Arthur’s Steakhouse this month! Check out Razzmatazz July 2-4, July 16-18 and July 30-Aug. 1. See The Ones July 9-11 and July 23-25. Grab a drink, get out on the dance floor and have some fun!
Arts and Entertainment
Celebrate freedom in Addison this weekend!
6. Addison Kaboom Town! looks a little different this year. Make a drink at home and watch from the comfort of your living room! Simply tune into Addison’s YouTube Channel at 9:30 p.m. July 3 and on CW33 July 4 (check local channels for times). This colorful show will still feature some of the most impressive fireworks in the country, in a way that celebrates freedom safely.
7. This Friday, you can be in “The Room Where it Happens” when Hamilton premieres on Disney+! Tune in July 3 to watch this 11-time Tony-winning and Pulitzer Prize-winning musical production of the original Broadway cast. Written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hamilton is about treasury secretary and Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, featuring a diverse cast of characters. The catchy songs like “Helpless,” “The Story of Tonight,” “Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down” and more will be stuck in your head for days. But that’s OK – you can watch it on repeat all weekend!