It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for: Galleria Dallas is finally opening its doors to shoppers again! After Gov. Greg Abbott announced he will allow Texas’ stay-at-home order to expire on April 30, many Texas businesses will be allowed to reopen in phases. The first phase allows retail, including shopping centers, to begin opening on May 1, as long as established protocols are followed.
The team at Galleria Dallas made the decision to reopen the center on Monday, May 4. Galleria Dallas chose to take additional steps beyond recommended guidelines, including the engagement of an industrial hygienist who will conduct a post disinfection assessment of the entire building.
“We hold the health and safety of our retail employees and all guests as our top priority,” explained Angie Freed, general manager of Galleria Dallas, in a recent press release. “While we are excited to resume business in our center, we were not willing to rush to open unless we could focus on what was best for our guests, our retailers and our building.”
Temporary operating hours at Galleria Dallas will be 11 a.m.–7 p.m. Monday–Saturday and noon–6 p.m. on Sunday. During that time, the center will comply with Governor Abbott’s orders and CDC guidelines, along with introducing some additional standards, including:
- All visitors to the shopping center must wear face masks, including all employees.
- Food Place seating will be temporarily removed. Food Place items must be taken to-go.
- The Children’s Play Place will be temporarily closed.
- To limit contact, Galleria Dallas Concierge+ services, such as curbside delivery and package check, will not be offered.
- Enhanced cleaning practices will be employed.
- Common area seating will be removed or spaced for social distancing.
- Signs will be located throughout the building reminding guests of social distancing.
- Stores participating in retail-to-go may continue to offer this service through the Westin drive.
Galleria Dallas will work with each retailer to ensure that they follow state and federal government standards for retail operations. Recommended policies include the education of all employees on CDC COVID-19 policies, strict rules on employee health and reporting, and additional hygiene precautions.
When Galleria Dallas resumes operating hours on Monday, May 4, each retailer in the center will have the choice to reopen at their discretion. The center feels that it is important that retailers be prepared to meet rigorous standards for the safety of guests and employees.
If we all do our part to shop safely, while wearing masks and participating in social distancing, then we can continue to flatten the curve and make way for more businesses to open! What store are you most excited about visiting next week?