Things are starting to open up, which means we can finally get out and enjoy live entertainment and dining inside restaurants again! Many Addison restaurants are open at 25% capacity this week, for happy hour or table-service meals. You can also catch a live show at Addison Improv! If you prefer to stay home, there are plenty of ways to enjoy live music, arts and entertainment from the comfort of your couch. Read more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Happy hour is back on! Drink your favorite alcoholic beverage at one of these open spots in Addison this week.
1. Visit Sidecar Social to socially distance in style! Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m., you can score $4 call drinks and ½ off house wine by the glass! You can also try items from their new drink menu, including $9 martinis, $9 craft cocktails on tap, $9 handcrafted cocktails and frozen specialties, and draft beer for $4-$6.
2. It’s a fiesta at Cantina Laredo – open from noon-8 p.m. every day! Stop by from happy hour from 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and until 5 p.m. Saturday. Come in for $6 house margaritas, $5 house wine, $4 Mexican beers, $3 domestic beers and specials on appetizers and tacos.
Enjoy a delicious meat-filled dinner in Addison!
3. Craving meat (especially the kind you didn’t make at home)? Head to 12 Cuts Steakhouse, now open for lunch and dinner with social distancing measures enforced. Order the Full Churrasco Experience for $46.85 per person, which includes over 12 prime choices of meats, fresh market-to-table salad bar, hot specialty dishes and delicious grilled pineapple. The Brazilian and Argentinian meat, organic salad and homemade desserts will be even more delicious after weeks of being quarantined at home!
4. Texas de Brazil is another wonderful option for fantastic meat. This authentic Brazlian steakhouse is now open, serving meat cooked the gaucho way (over an open flame with natural wood charcoal) as well as fresh sides and desserts. The all-you-can-eat grilled meat includes everything from filet mignon and garlic Picanha to Parmesan-crusted pork loin, Brazilian sausage, lamb chops and so much more. You can also stop by the chef-crafted salad bar, enjoy hot items brought to your table (the house-baked cheese bread is to-die-for) and finish with a decadent dessert.
Listen to music to brighten your spirits!
5. Some of the biggest celebrities have come together for two special Disney Family Singalongs, now available on Disney +. Volume 1 features performances by Ariana Grande, Derek and Julianne Hough, Josh Groban, Little Big Town, Auli’i Cravalho, Beyonce, Thomas Rhett, Michael Buble, Demi Lovato and the cast of High School Musical. Volume 2 features the Muppets, Lionel Richie, Tituss Burgess, Charlie Day, Jimmie Kimmel and more. The positive, uplifting shows are sure to lift your spirits!
Arts and Entertainment
Whether you venture out or stay home, there are plenty of ways to stay entertained this week!
6. Laughter is the best medicine – get your fill this weekend, as Addison Improv opens its doors (at 25% capacity) and brings Dusty Slay to perform Thursday-Sunday at 8 p.m. Slay is a stand-up comedian whose smooth voice and funny stories about his childhood in a trailer park, adult years in the workforce, and occasional blackout drunk moments make people laugh. Throughout his career, he has appeared on “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” “Last Comic Standing,” “Laughs on FOX” and “TMZ.”
7. If you feel more comfortable staying home this weekend, Pick up a copy of Normal People by Sally Rooney from Barnes & Noble ($17). This New York Times bestselling novel is about Connell and Marianne, two people who grow up in the same town but are completely different – Connell is popular and Marianne is a loner. But after the two start talking, something life-changing begins. A few years later, they are both studying at Trinity College in Dublin, where Marianne finds her stride and Connell becomes shy. It is the story of mutual fascination, friendship and love – of two people who try to stay apart but can’t! After you finish it, watch the series now streaming on Hulu.