Happy Mother’s Day weekend! Yes, your mom deserves an entire weekend – she did give birth to you after all. Whether you are a mom or you have a mom, celebrate this beautiful holiday with some delicious cocktails, delicious brunch kits and amazing chocolates. Get more tips on celebrating this week in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
From happy hour at home to limited-seating happy hour in select restaurants, this week is going to be good!
1. Gov. Abbott allowed restaurants to open to 25% capacity last weekend, and several restaurants have re-opened their doors to customers for the first time in weeks! Texas de Brazil in Addison is one of those, which is offering its delicious meats, salad bar and, of course, drinks to customers. If you are hankering for a drink, order their famous Caipirinha cocktials, made with fresh fruit and sugar muddled, then shaken with your choise of Cachaca – the national spirit of Brazil. You can get traditional lime, passion fruit, sweet strawberry or coconut. Texas de Brazil also has a variety of amazing cocktails, including the Absolut Mandarin Crush, made with Absolut Mandarin vodka, passion fruit puree and Sprite; the Knob Creek Texas Belle, made with Knob Creek rye whiskey, strawberry puree, orange juice and dry vermouth; and the Brazilian Kiss, made with Absolut Raspberri vodka, Cointreau, Chambord, a touch of fresh squeezed lime and a lime wheel garnish.
2. If you want to take your happy hour to-go, head to RA Sushi, who offers a wide variety of drinks available to-go as well as RA’ckin’ Drink Kits! The RA Ultimate Mule Kit is $45and comes with two bottles of Ownes Ginger + Lime 750ml and your choice of Svedka Vodka, Tito’s Vodka, Ketel One Vodka or Grey Goose Vodka. The Mimosa Kit is $30 and comes with one bottle of Mionetto Prosecco and a 32 oz bottle of Tropicana Orange juice. You can’t go wrong with the Bellini Kit for $30, which comes with one bottle of Mionetto Prosecco and one bottle of peach puree. Finally, grab the Aperol Spritz Kit for $45, which comes with one bottle of Mionetto Prosecco, one bottle of Aperol 750 ml and one bottle of San Pellegrino Sparkling 500 ml. Call 972-581-2905 to place your order.
Order your mom something special this weekend, by taking advantage of one of these Mother’s Day meals.
3. Give mom breakfast-in-bed with this Mother’s Day Brunch Kit from Lazy Dog for $45. This kit feeds 4-5 people and includes a DIY-pancake mix, whipped cream, Nutella, fresh bananas, syrup, 15 eggs, 1 pound of bacon, breakfast potatoes, coffee and fresh orange juice. It also includes a special craft kit, with construction paper, pipe cleaner, ribbon and a note tag to make an adorable handprint flower bouquet. This kit goes perfectly with the Mimosa Kit for Mom ($20) that includes fresh orange juice plus a 750 ml bottle of Freixenet Brut bubbles with complimentary flower petal confetti. Pre-order online today or call 469-754-1300.
4. Yard House in Addison is offering a three-course Mother’s Day meal this weekend that feeds four. For $80, it includes many Yard House favorites. Start by choosing your salad: Caesar, kale Caesar or mixed greens. Then, choose four entrees (designed to feed one per person). Options include: crab cake, grilled filet, grilled ribeye, Maui pineapple chicken and whiskey glazed salmon. You also get two sides (options include baby broccoli, Jasmine rice, mashed potatoes or truffle Mac + Cheese with mushrooms) and one dessert (either bread pudding or mini cheesecake brulees). Pre-order by calling 972-716-4004 by 3 p.m. May 9.
Music is healing to the soul!
5. Listen to amazing music while supporting our first responders and healthcare workers by downloading “Until We Sing Again” by Corey Urbach, owner of Pete’s Piano Bar, and Kyle Level and David Banning. This song benefits local healthcare workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can also donate $50 or more and receive four complimentary Admission Passes to Pete’s when it opens again. Need more music? Tune into Facebook every Thursday at 7 p.m. for Thank You Thursdays, where Pete’s will put on an amazing show via Facebook Live. Last week, Kyle Level and Will Townsley gave a lovely piano-and-saxophone performance, while raising money to benefit medical workers.
Arts and Entertainment
Support local businesses by keeping entertained this week.
6. Owner and head chocolatier of Yelibelly Chocolates, Yeli Marshall, and her team of pastry chefs and chocolatiers in Addison are offering interactive chocolate classes that you can participate in from home! The Truffle Making Class is $45, and includes everything you need to make approximately 50 truffles (you just need to buy one carton of heavy whipping cream or half and half) as well as a private link to a video that gives you step-by-step instructors for making the truffles. Another option is the French Mendiants Class for $45, which includes ingredients for making about 50 mendiants, favor boxes to share with friends and a private link to a video that teaches you what to do. Afterward, you can sit back and enjoy your amazing chocolate – you deserve it!
7. Stay active this week by tuning into the Addison Athletic Club’s Facebook page every weekday. They are posting workout videos from their fitness instructors that people can follow along with at home. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays at 8 a.m. is Stretch Yoga with Carol, followed by Ab Class with Sandra Tuesdays at noon and Vinyasa Yoga with Sandra Thursdays at noon. They also randomly post arts and crafts activities and bonus videos (like dance parties!), so be sure to follow their page so you don’t miss anything.