If you have been going through shopping withdrawal, just know: you are not alone. Trust me. I can’t wait to browse my favorite stores for hours, sipping coffee and swiping my card for must-have items. In the meantime, we can all go shopping online and have our orders brought to our cars starting tomorrow!
In light of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s announcement that retail stores will be allowed to sell items curbside beginning April 24, Galleria Dallas has crafted a plan to allow their retailers to safely and effectively begin the process of returning to business through a “Retail-to-Go” initiative. Beginning tomorrow, Galleria Dallas shoppers who purchase from participating retailers either online or over the phone, may pick up their purchases curbside through a rigorous protocol designed to protect the safety of both customers and sales associates, according to a press release.
“We are ready to support our retailers who are participating in retail-to-go, but need to make sure we do it safely and in accordance with local government orders,” says Galleria Dallas General Manager Angie Freed in the release.
Retail sales at Galleria Dallas will occur using the drive-in front of the Westin Hotel from noon to 6 p.m. daily using the following guidelines:
- Customers will place orders via phone or online with the individual retailer.
- Customers will not be allowed to enter the building. They will pull into the drive-in front of the Westin Hotel and must remain in their vehicles.
- Retail employees will be allowed to enter their stores, retrieve merchandise and carry it to customer vehicles in the Westin front drive. The employees can place the merchandise in the back seat or trunk of customer vehicles.
- Galleria Dallas will mark the Retail-to-Go pick up location with special signage.
- Stores, such as department stores and restaurants, with exterior doors can establish their own pick up location.
Galleria Dallas and its retailers are following all protocols from the Texas Department of State Health Services and the Centers for Disease Control to encourage best practices for health and safety.
Participating retailers in ‘Retail-to-Go’ include:
- Altar’d State
- Apricot Lane
- B&B News
- Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop
- Grill on the Alley
- Jamba Juice
- Louis Vuitton
- Martin Lawrence Galleries
- The Blue Fish
- The Finish Line
- Zuzu’s Tutus
The list of stores participating is changing regularly and will be updated at https://www.galleriadallas.com/shop-retail-to-go/. I can’t wait to start shopping again!