Even though Dallas county is under a shelter-in-place order until May 15, many people still need to go to work in their essential businesses, go to the grocery store or participate in other necessary travel right now. Don’t worry: DART is still open and ready to take care of your needs!
Currently, DART continues to provide transit service while safeguarding its customers and employees in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Here are some of the schedule changes:
- All light rail service will operate at a 20-minute frequency throughout the day.
- All bus routes will have service on weekdays, except routes 155 and 887.
- No changes are being made to the Dallas Streetcar schedule or weekend bus and light rail service.
- All DART Transit Center indoor seating areas as well as the DARTmart store and Lost and Found have been temporarily closed (this includes the Addison Transit Center).
- Find out more at DART.org/mod or by calling 214-979-1111.
In addition, DART has implemented several new cleaning procedures. All DART vehicles will receive additional cleanings throughout the day, and high-touch surface areas will be cleaned with a solution approved by the EPA as successful in killing the coronavirus, as well as influenza, rhinovirus, norovirus, salmonella, staphylococcus and e-coli. These high-touch surfaces include handrails, door buttons, grab rails and hanging straps.
DART encourages passengers who feel sick or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and avoid public places. Additionally, don’t forget to wear cloth face coverings in public (including on the DART) to help stop the spread of coronavirus. If you are a passenger and you see an unhygienic surface that needs attention, please call DART at 214-979-1111 or use the DART Say Something app.
Thanks to DART for helping essential workers get to their jobs and for keeping everyone else safe!