Spring is in full force in Addison, with light some light thunderstorms and plenty of sunshine every day. It’s a great week to walk around your neighborhood or local trails (while maintaining at least six feet of social distancing), or read on your front porch or catch up on your favorite TV shows while munching on delicious food prepared by Addison restaurants. Need ideas on making this week more interesting? Read my guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below. As always, feel free to share ways you are staying busy while in quarantine in the comments!
Any hour can be happy hour while we are in quarantine!
1. Delicious beer is never far away when you live in Addison! Head to Bitter Sisters Brewery for curbside pickup of your favorite beer, which is all wiped clean and served with white gloves. Bitter Sisters is open from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 2-7 p.m. Saturday and 2-6 p.m. Sunday. In addition to beer, you can also get an amazing BBQ dinner for just $29.99. This includes one pound of Texas brisket, one pound of smoked pulled pork, a side of mustard potato salad, a side of cole slaw, Texas garlic toast and BBQ sauce. You will love sipping on a Busy Body Blonde Lager or a Winter Bush Imperial Stout from the comfort of your own home.
2. Another place to pick-up amazing beer is the Flying Saucer. Come in for world-class craft beer, available for curbside pickup, free Doordash delivery or free Uber Eats delivery. Place your order anytime between 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Sunday, where you can get bottles and cans to-go, as well as $10 crowlers and growlers to-go. You can also get melt-in-your-mouth food, such as their famous big soft pretzels, hot wings, loaded Rocket-Tots, cheese fries, pizza and more. It’s the perfect combination for your next virtual happy hour.
Fine dining doesn’t have to disappear just because you have to stay home. Light some candles and order from these fine establishments in Addison.
3. Table 13 is now offering a daily two-course dinner menu for $29, available for curbside pickup from 4-8 p.m. and delivery from 5:30-8 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Guests will receive their choice of a first course: tomato soup with grilled cheese crostini or hearts of palm salad. For the second course, opt for the shrimp scampi (with optional Rombauer Chardonnay for $42), Salmon Meuniere (with optional Whole Cluster Pinot Noir for $35), lemon caper chicken (with optional La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay for $25), double bone handcut pork chop (with optional Elyse Zinfandel for $25), prime tenderloin filet (with optional Faust Cabernet Sauvignon for $50) and more. Call 972-789-9558 to place your order, which also comes with a complimentary music CD by local singer Marc Toussaint.
4. Craving amazing meats? Order to-go from 12 Cuts Steakhouse from 5-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday and from 5-10:30 p.m. Friday. You can get family meals for three or five people ($48 or $69) or the family meal gold package ($57). The basic family meals include cheese bread, Argentinian empanada, your choice of salad, Picanha and chicken legs or Argentinian pork sausage, Argentinian chimichurri, and your choice of mashed potatoes, black beans and rice or crispy fried polenta and caramelized bananas. The gold package includes Filet mignon instead of Picanha. To any order, you can also add additional fresh salads ($11 each), additional fire roasted meats ($10-$25 each), side dishes ($6-$11 each) and desserts ($6 each). Call 469-779-7012 to place your order.
Watch some of the biggest names in the music industry perform live (from their own homes).
5. If you missed One World: Together at Home special that aired over the weekend, you can stream it on Hulu now. It features hosts Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon in a musical special that supports frontline healthcare workers in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. This show featured performances by Lady Gaga, the Rolling Stones, Jennifer Lopez, Usher, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, Paul McCartney, Lizzo, John Legend, Pharrell Williams, Kasey Musgraves, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Shawn Mendes and so much more! It’s a highly entertaining show that is sure to fill a little bit of the live music hole in your life right now.
Arts and Entertainment
Reading and watching TV are the new “going out.”
6. What’s on your To-Watch list this week? Add “Outer Banks” to the top, because this is one show you do not want to miss. This Netflix original drama is about a group of teenagers in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. John B enlists his three best friends to hunt for a legendary treasure linked to his father’s disappearance. It’s been called “’Gossip Girl’ meets ‘The O.C.’ with Way More Mystery,” so if you grew up loving either (or both!) of those shows, then you will love “Outer Banks.”
7. Next time you are looking to get lost in a bestseller (like now!), pick up In Five Years: A Novel by Rebecca Serle. This dramatic New York Times bestseller is thought-provoking and addictive. Dannie Kohan lives life by the numbers – meticulous planning that pays off when she nails a hard job interview and accepts her boyfriend’s marriage proposal. But one night, something happens that changes everything. She wakes up in a different apparent, with a different ring on her finger and a different man – exactly 5 years in the future. She’s only in there an hour before returning to her life, but she cannot forget what happened. Pick up the gripping story from Barnes & Noble for $21.60.