While we are living in uncertain times and stuck at home due to Dallas County’s shelter-in-place order, don’t despair! We may be socially distant, but we are all together in spirit and will beat COVID-19! Whether you decide to write a novel, complete some projects at home or just catch up on all your favorite shows, we hope you have a happy and safe week. Read our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week for some ideas for getting through these challenging times safely.
1. Addison Ice House offers takeout and delivery daily from 5-9 p.m. Order a bottle of prosecco with your burgers and tacos for a delicious meal at home. Simply pop open the bottle, pour a glass and Facetime one of your friends to share a virtual happy hour! Just call 972-218-0921.
2.Enjoy your favorite Italian food at home this week, as Antonio’s Ristorante is offering takeout and delivery from 4-8:30 p.m. They are also offering 10% off wine purchases with your food order – so don’t forget to add your favorite red or white to your order! They have chardonnay, pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, pinot noir, cabernet sauvignon, Malbec, champagne, prosecco, rose and so much more. Simply call 927-458-1010 to place your order.
Support local restaurants by ordering takeout or delivery this week.
3. Every day, Ida Claire is offering unique food kits to help people who are social distancing. These change daily, with only a limited number available. They include amazing food options, like Wagyu beef burgers, waffles and chicken tenders, ham steaks and short rib potato hash, as well as essentials – gallons of milk, fresh produce and even rolls of toilet paper! Check out their Facebook to see their daily offering or call 214-377-8227 for more information.
4. Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House is offering curbside delivery, as well as beer and wine to-go from 4-8 p.m. On Tuesday, you can get a choice of salad and a choice of ribeye, NY strip, Halibut, crab cakes or coconut shrimp for just $29.95. Don’t forget to ask about select wines that are 50% off! The rest of the week, order anything you want off their full dinner menu, including their chef specialties of peppered filet mignon, honey glazed pork chops, double cut lamb chops, spice seared redfish sandwich and more. Just call 972-934-2467 for the Chop House to place your order.
Check in with celebrities’ latest releases this week!
5. Listen to Garth Brooks sing live from his home in a special “Live from Studio G” series, releasing every Monday on Facebook. The “Ain’t Goin’ Down ‘Til The Sun Comes Up” singer was set to receive the Icon Award at the Billboard Music Awards in April, which was postponed. Watch here.
6. Fans of Kelsea Ballerini will be happy to hear that she still released her latest album, kelsea, on March 20! The 13 country-pop songs (two of which feature fellow singers Halsey and Kenny Chesney), is exactly what you need to get through the COVID-19 quarantine. It’s upbeat tunes and relatable lyrics are perfect for impromptu dance parties in your living room or just to keep you feeling uplifted during trying times.
Watch a newly released movie at home.
7. Even though AMC Village on the Parkway 9 and LOOK Cinemas are temporarily closed, that doesn’t mean you can’t still watch newly released movies at home! For a small fee, stream The Invisible Man, Onward, Emma, 1917, The Hunt, Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker and more here. Just pop some popcorn, pour some coke or pop a beer and you are ready to go!