April is officially here! While we are all at home sheltering-in-place this week, take time to celebrate the little things – opportunities to work from home, being able to buy food from your favorite restaurants, enjoying a cool spring day outside. And if you need some ideas on how to keep entertained and stay sane while at home, read my guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Grab a drink to go from one of these Addison restaurants.
1. Happy hour has never been easier! Simply order a drink or two to go with any food purchase, then FaceTime your friends to enjoy a drink together – from the comfort of your own couch. This is a great opportunity to catch up on your week or binge-watch Tiger King together! Nate’s Seafood is offering almost their entire menu to go, including crawfish by the pound, delicious appetizers, shrimp, shellfish, po-boys, gumbo and more. With your order, don’t forget to buy a bottle of Cabinet Sauvignon or chardonnay for $10, pinot grigio or pinot noir for $12 and any two beers for $5.
2. Missing date night? This Friday and Saturday from 6:30-8 p.m., you can order the special Romance Pack for $29 per entrée for curbside pick-up or delivery within a five-mile radius from Table 13. The romance pack includes many delicious meal options, with your choice of paired drink for an extra charge. For example, if you order the shrimp scampi, you can also get a bottle of Rombauer Chardonnay for an extra $60. Or if you prefer the Steak Diane, then it goes well with the Caymus-Suisun Grand Durif Petite Sirah for $50. These include a romantic music CD by the Marc Toussaint Combo! Pre-order anytime by calling 972-789-9558.
Skip the cooking tonight by grabbing food from one of these local restaurants.
3. Snooze An A.M. Eatery is offering several meal packages to help customers get through quarantine. You can get a Snooze Provision Neighborhood Pack for $45, which includes one gallon of milk, one gallon of orange juice, one loaf of sourdough bread, 12 oz. coffee, eggs, two avocados, butter and bananas. Or, get a Cold Pressed Juice Kits for $20, including one quart of Orange Defense Up, one quart of essential greens and one quart of watermelon juice. If you are looking for something with a little buzz, get a Booze Bundle – options include a Mimosa Kit ($25), Bloody Mary Kit ($25) and a Bloody Mary Quarantine Kit ($45). Finally, the Taco Tuesday Pack is $45 and includes barbacoa and pulled pork, three different sauces, one whole avocado, flour tortillas and an entire loaf of Snooze banana bread. You can also order for their regular menu on weekdays from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. and weekends from 6:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. And when you order on the weekends, you will get a special “mixtape” that includes a QR code to a Snooze-curated Spotify playlist featuring the best tunes that will set the mood while you FaceTime loved ones over a Snooze brunch. Call 972-360-8990 to order ahead or get more information.
- Yard House is now offering Family Takeout Meals that serve four. The Pizza, Wings and Salad Meal includes three pizzas of your choice (margherita, BBQ chicken, the Carnivore, pepperoni and mushroom or cheese), along with chicken tenders or wings and your choice of traditional Caesar or mixed field greens salad. Other options include chicken meals, mac and cheese meal, steak and salmon meals, and a traditional or boneless wings meal. Follow it up with a dessert for four, featuring mini cheesecake brulee and bread pudding with crème anglaise. Call 972-716-4004 to order.
Listen to music at home this week!
5. Although live music won’t be in the cards for a while (unless you know how to play the guitar yourself), you can still enjoy some great tunes while sheltering-in-place this week. Pop rock band 5 Seconds of Summer recently released their fourth album, Calm, featuring 12 new tracks and 3 live tracks. Dance along to hit tracks “Teeth,” “No Shame” and “Easier” among others.
Make beautiful art from your living room.
6. Create colorful paintings to brighten up your home with the help of Pinot’s Palette in Addison! They are hosting virtual paint classes for just $15! The next classes will be on Friday from 6-8 p.m., Saturday from 2-3:30 p.m. and Saturday from 6-8 p.m. During this class, you will use your own canvas or paper and paints to follow along with an instructor. At the end of the class, your art will be completed! Make sure to bring plenty of wine to drink to feel more relaxed and to get into the creative spirit!
7. If you are looking for something to get your adrenaline pumping, then rent The Hunt today! This new thriller is about a group of elites, who gather at a remote Manor House to hunt ordinary Americans for sport. It’s all fun and games until one of The Hunted, Crystal, turns the tables on the killers and begins picking them off one by one to get to the mysterious woman at the center of it all.