Make up for the hour of sleep you will lose this weekend (Daylight Saving Time begins Sunday!) by packing your weekend full of happy hours, delicious food and plenty of exciting events and activities in the North Dallas Corridor. Catch a movie, go swimming with the family, meet 50 Cent and more. Learn all about these events and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
It’s a great weekend for beer! Check out these happy hour locations in Addison.
- Flying Saucer hosts social hour from 4-7 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays, where all draft beers are just $5! You can also come in Sunday for $4 Texas drafts all day, Monday for $4 drafts all day, and Tuesday evening from 6-8 p.m. for Trivia Night.
- Choose from over 32 craft beers on tap, over 150 types of whiskey and many other drinks at Ron’s Place. Tuesday is Texas Tuesday, where you can get $3 off Texas brews starting at 7 p.m. On Wednesday, you can get several different whiskey shots for just $5. Late Night Happy Hour takes place on Friday nights at 11 p.m., where you can get specials on select drinks. And all day Saturday features Texas whiskeys, where you can get Alamo Bourbon, Still Austin Bourbon Whiskey and TX Whiskey for $5 off.
When your favorite restaurants host food events, you know it’s going to be great!
- Tasting Tuesdays is returning to Antonio Ristorante this month! Come by every Tuesday to try Chef Antonio’s hand-picked selection of three Italian wines paired with three heavy hors d’oeuvres (the first of which is prepared table side by Chef!). This interactive, delicious event is just $25. You can also come Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. for Prime Lunch, featuring any lunch sandwich, fries or vegetable of the day, soup or salad and a non-alcoholic drink for just $13.99. Make your reservation by calling 972-458-1010.
- 50 Cent (yes, the famous hip-hop artist who first came on the scene in 2003 with Get Rich or Die Tryin’) is coming to Addison this week! The musician will be a special guest at Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House from 6:30-10 p.m. March 9 for a Specialty Branson Cognac Cocktail Dinner and Tasting. The event will include passed appetizers and Le Chemin du Roi Champagne, while guests can pose for pictures with 50 Cent. Afterward, guests will be treated to a four-course dinner and cocktail pairings featuring 50 Cent’s Branson Cognacs. The artist and Chef Chamberlain will present a fun cooking demonstration together.
Dance to the DJ in your head at Villa Lounge this weekend.
- This Saturday, enjoy a different type of music experience at Villa Lounge and Grill, as they are hosting a Silent Trap Party from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Each guest will get a pair of headphones, which they can tune to one of three different DJs playing either 90s music, Trap music or R&B. Just flip a switch to hear what different DJs are playing – your headphones will light up with a different color to let you know what you and everyone else in the room is listening to. Take off your headphones, and the party is completely silent! This is a fun way to dance and sing based on your individual preferences.
See a movie in town this weekend!
- There are so many amazing movies out right now, it’s almost impossible to choose! (We don’t blame you if you keep coming back to see them all.) The Invisible Man stars Emmy-winner Elisabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) in this thrilling tale about a woman named Cecilia trapped in a violent, controlling relationship with a wealthy and brilliant scientist. She escapes and disappears, only to discover her ex committed suicide and left her a fortune. Only Cecilia believes his death was a hoax, meant to trap her once again. For fans of a different genre, see Emma. Based on Jane Austen’s book, this adorable comedy is about Emma Woodhouse, a beautiful, clever and rich girl who goes through misguided matches and romantic missteps to find the love that has always been there. This comedic satire of social class and growing up is one you won’t want to miss. See both of these movies and more at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 or LOOK Cinemas this weekend.
Enjoy a fun night at the Addison Athletic Club this Friday.
- Calling all Addison-based residents: Celebrate summer early by taking the kids to Family Swim Night on Friday nights from 4:30-5:30 p.m. March 6-May 29. Put on your new swimsuit and jump in the warm indoor pool in the Addison Athletic Club – a perfect way to unwind after a busy week. After you dry off, parents can leave their kids ages 3-12 at the Club for Parent’s Night Out from 6-8:30 p.m. Here, kids will have a fun time eating pizza and playing games, while parents can enjoy a night on the town. Learn all about these events and more in the Addison Athletic Club’s Spring 2020 Schedule.