Superheroes are flocking to Addison this week as part of the popular All-Con. Partygoers are coming for happy hour – and later, amazing brunch specials. Locals are coming for amazing live piano music and beautiful local artwork. It’s going to be another amazing week in the North Dallas Corridor! Learn about all of these events and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Make your weekdays more interesting by taking advantage of these drink specials!
1. Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill hosts happy hour from 4:30-6:30 P.M. Monday-Friday, where you can get deals on mouth-watering fish and appetizers as well as drinks. These include $7 wine by the glass, $7 martinis and $7 house-made infusion. As far as food goes, don’t miss the $12 escargot baked in white wine with garlic, parsley, butter and parmesan; the $10 coconut almond crusted shrimp with Thai chili and wasabi sauces; and the $6 truffle parmesan fries.
- Instead of happy hour, Ida Claire hosts Vinyl Hour in Addison, where you can get drink specials while listening to classic vinyl records. Come in from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday to enjoy $5 cocktails (including Ida’s Frose), $5 Vinyl Hour Wine (a list of rotating red, rose and white), $3 draft beer, $18 tall boy buckets, $36 8oz canned wine buckets and $5 bar bites (fried pickled okra, crawfish corn beignets, Nashville-style tenders and butterbean hummus).
Set your alarms for delicious brunch this weekend!
3. On Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Lazy Dog becomes the go-to place for brunch. Try the almond butter French toast, made with local hive honey, almond butter cream cheese, candied almonds, bee pollen, fresh berries and whipped cream – yum! For something more on the savory side, go for the steak and eggs benedict, made with certified Angus beef flat iron, poached eggs, sautéed bell peppers, onions, tomato, gravy and smoked paprika. You can’t go wrong no matter what you order!
- Not surprisingly, Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill also has a fantastic brunch menu. Come in from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday to try it. Highlights include the chicken and waffles, made with Belgian waffles, chicken fried chicken, smoked bacon, toasted walnut butter and Vermont maple syrup; and Eggs with Benefits, featuring fried eggs, short rib, truffle Colby Jack grits, sautéed spinach, bearnaise and port demi glace.
Catch Rick Weidemann at Arthur’s!
5. Local musician Rick Weidemann is playing at Arthur’s Steakhouse every Wednesday from 6:30-10:30 p.m. Sit around the piano and request your favorite songs to sing along to! On weekdays, Arthur’s also offers happy hour until 7 p.m. with special drink prices and a discounted bar menu.
Enjoy beautiful spring art at Southwest Gallery this weekend.
6. Jun Hao is coming to Addison this Saturday from 1-5 p.m. for an artist reception to celebrate his latest work being displayed at Southwest Gallery! Hao is a realist artist who creates a modern interpretation of the iconic landscape that evokes serenity and peacefulness inside each painting.
Feel like a kid again at the incredibly fun and interactive All-Con in Addison.
7. Calling all gamers, geeks, nerds, cosplayers and everyone else who likes to have a little fun: All-Con is returning to Addison March 12-15. All Con will be taking place daily this weekend at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Addison. Here, you can dress up as your favorite character, buy amazing merch and meet famous actors and actresses. Meet people from Battlestar Galactica, Join the cosplay contest, attend the convention comic workshop, unwind in the Hogwart’s Common Room, play in the gaming room or attend a game show, work your way out of the Mysterious Circumstances escape room, participate in the Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament and so much more. It’s going to be fun for everyone!