Cold, rainy days are no excuse to stay home! Grab a coat and a friend and head to happy hour, where the drinks are strong and the prices are fair! Or, take a loved one out on a date for delicious international food and to Addison’s Winter Family Dance on Friday night. Learn all about these events and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week!
Celebrate another successful week at happy hour in Addison.
1. Cold drinks plus classy atmosphere equals perfect happy hour location! Come to Lawry’s The Prime Rib – Dallas Sunday-Friday from 4:30-7 p.m. to take advantage of their many happy hour specials. These include $4 domestic beer, $5 wine, $6 Crown and Down, and $1 off all specialty drinks. If you get hungry, you can also score $7 jalapeno corn fritters and spinach artichoke dip, $9 smoked pulled pork nachos, $11 calamari with carrots and chiles, $13 fish and chips and more.
- At Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill, happy hour is from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday! Stop in for amazing drink specials, including $7 martinis and house-made infusion. You can also get $7 wines by the glass, including a selection of chardonnay, pinot grigio, Riesling, merlot, white zinfandel, rose and more. Top it off with a bite to eat, such as $6 truffle parmesan French fries, $10 coconut almond crusted shrimp, $12 escargot (baked in white wine with garlic, parsley, butter and parmesan) and a $13 black Angus beef burger among other things.
Enjoy exotic food in Addison this week!
3. Visit Thai Spice if you are looking for a meal that is packed with flavor! Some of their mouth-watering entrees include Green Veggie Stir-Fry, made with an assortment of healthy vegetables, along with red curry; Pad Prio Won Kai, which is Thai sweet and sour sauce wok-tossed sliced chicken breast with veggies; and Beef Teriyaki, which is marinated grilled beef with Japanese teriyaki sauce. There are many more options here as well, including noodles, fried rice, curry, fish and desserts. It’s great for eating in or taking home to eat while binge-watching your favorite show!
4. At the Low-Key Poke Joint, there are just five steps to a perfect meal. First: choose a seaweed, sesame soy or pink soy wrap or a Jasmine rice, Bootea rice, spring mix or kale mix bowl. Second: choose protein (salmon, tuna, shrimp, tofu and scallops are just some of the options). Third: choose your sides from a list of vegetables, crab meat, avocado and more. Fourth: choose your toppings, which include fried garlic, dried seafood, Parmesan cheese, quail egg, hot Cheetos and more. Finally, choose your sauces – options include Shoyu the Way, I Lava You, Sirachacha, U’ve Got Kale, Jalapeno Bizznizz and more.
Kick back with live music in the Corridor.
5. Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub is offering live music this weekend! Come by Friday night at 10 p.m. to hear Time Machine, an energetic band that will take you on a musical journey through four decades, combining pop, funk, rap, rock and country to make sure everyone in the audience has a good time. This will be followed by The After Party on Saturday at 10 p.m., who performs the Top 40 hits from today and yesterday with edge. It’s sure to be a good time, no matter which night you stop by!
Enjoy gorgeous artwork at Valley House Gallery.
6. This is the last weekend to see Chaco Terada at Valley House Gallery! Terada’s “Listening in the Silence” exhibit will be on display through Jan. 25. She was born in Japan but traveled to ten countries in her twenties as part of a cultural exchange program. She has always been interested in the beauty of calligraphy, and she often used it as a tool to communicate in her travels. When she moved to the U.S., she had the freedom to focus on her inner life as a source of artistic expression. She draws from her experiences, memories and feelings to create art. The works in “Listening in the Silence” are made using the process she developed that incorporates multiple layers of silk organza, sumi ink, mineral pigments and archival pigment printing. Photographs are printed on the silk, and calligraphic marts float in the layered atmosphere as if they are dancing. See this beautiful work now through Friday!
You’re cordially invited to the Winter Family Dance this Friday night!
7. Dress up in your prettiest gown and handsomest suit for the Winter Family Dance from 6-8 p.m. Jan. 24! Hosted by the Addison Athletic Club, the Winter Family Dance is a fun chance to wear nice clothes, attend a formal event and have fun with loved ones. The night will include games, dancing, a DJ, prizes and dinner catered by Olive Garden. Tickets are $8 per person. RSVP at the front desk.