December is here! It’s the last month of the year – and the decade! – and the North Dallas Corridor knows how to celebrate in style. There are plenty of happy hour specials, live music, Christmas lights, sugary sweets, holiday-themed shows and local events to keep you busy until 2020. Read more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week below.
- Meet friends or coworkers at Mercy Wine Bar after work this week, as happy hour takes place every day until 7 p.m. Here, you can get a special selection of wines for just $5 a glass. With the delicious drink in your hand and the live music in the background, you are sure to relax in no time.
- Hanging out at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen is like relaxing in your mama’s house. It just feels that comfortable! Come in Monday-Friday from 2-7 p.m. for $5 house wines, as well as $4 wells and $1 off beers. Stay longer and order dinner – after all, there is no problem a steaming hot bowl of pasta won’t fix!
‘Tis the season for desserts!
3. The end of the year can be stressful – treat yourself to a delicious dessert in the North Dallas Corridor! Right now, you can get a special seasonal dessert at Texas de Brazil. The Cheesecake Cinnamon Swirl Colossal is made with layers of cinnamon swirl filling intertwined with classic cheesecake for a delightful combination that tastes like Christmas morning.
4. Indulge in the tastes of the season at Dunn Brothers Coffee this weekend. If you need a caffeine boost, order the Candy Cane Mocha, made with white chocolate and sweet peppermint; the Gingerbread Toffee Nirvana, with gingerbread and sea salted toffee caramel and Infinite Black creamy Nirvana; or the Holiday Spiced Mocha, made with cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, pepper, chocolate and whipped cream. For dessert, pair it with a Jingle Bell Muffin or a Red Velvet Chocolate Chunk Muffin. You’ll be ready for anything the holiday season brings!
Enjoy live music under twinkling lights.
5. Phat Strad, America’s original female rock electric string quartet, is coming to Addison this weekend!Hear these talented ladies play live at Vitruvian Lights from 6-10 p.m. Saturday at Vitruvian Park. During the event, you can also get sweet treats and delicious food, free photos with Santa and a chance to enjoy the sparkling Christmas lights. The evening is free and parking is just $10.
Holiday-themed shows are sure to keep you entertained all week!
6. Flying through the air, making you laugh and impressing you with their amazing acts is Cirque Holidays – presented in partnership with WaterTower Theatre and LoneStar Circus! See this magical show this week, with a Pay What You Can Show on Thursday and regular admission beginning Friday. This fun show is a great way to escape holiday stress and bring the entire family together for fun. It runs through Dec. 22.
- Looking for some adult entertainment? Those 18 and older can see A Bur-Less-Q Nutcracker at the Addison Theatre Centre this week, presented by MBS Productions. This is not your usual holiday show. It is the most original, unusual and comical version of The Nutcracker you have ever seen! It is running from Dec. 5-22.
Race around Addison this weekend.
- It’s that time again – Run the Lights 5k is back! This Friday from 5:30-9:30 p.m., bundle up in your warmest clothes and run or walk through Vitruvian Lights. As you work out, you can enjoy the sights of more than 500 glittering trees wrapped in millions of sparkling LED lights. Afterward, check out the beer, food trucks and other activities in the after-party! Tickets are $45 for the 5k and $30 for the Fun Run.