Shopping? Check. Wrapping presents? Check. Enjoying an entertainment-filled weekend in the North Dallas Corridor? Check! If you want to unwind at happy hour, fill up on all-you-can-eat meat, catch a live show or go on a pub run, then you can do it in the Corridor! Read our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week and get ready for non-stop fun.
Go to happy hour at Village on the Parkway this weekend.
1. There are many options for Happy Hour at Lazy Dog! Come in from 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 9-11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday. Here, you can get delightful drinks for $3-$8. These include: 16-ounce Coors Light or Bud Light drafts, flat rock chardonnay, well drinks, Dark Horse cabernet sauvignon, Sailor Jerry rum and coke, house-made sangria, Pink Lemon Drop Martini, Asian Pear Martini and more.
2. Get tasty wings and refreshing drinks at Pluckers this week! Come in Wednesday for a 34-ounce Mother Pluckers Mugs of Miller Lite for $7.75, as well as live team trivia at 7:30 p.m. On Thursday, you can get boneless wings for $19 and specially priced Dos Equis, specialty margaritas and Pluckers L.I.T. On Friday, come for Teacher Freebie Friday from 3-7 p.m., where you can get one free appetizer with your school faculty badge. Finally, come back Sunday for $1 off Pluckers cocktails!
Enjoy a delicious meal at a Churrascaria Steakhouse in Addison this week.
3. Take a break from the stress of the season and let someone else do the cooking! Treat yourself to a delicious dinner at 12 Cuts Steakhouse, where you can get Brazilian and Argentinian prime cuts of meat brought right to your table. This is complemented with the organic salad bar, specialty sides and homemade desserts. Some of the amazing meats you will get to enjoy include: filet mignon, rack lamb, parmesan crusted pork loin and more.
- Invite your family to a lovely meal at Texas de Brazil this week, where you can fill up on mouth-watering, flame-grilled meats, a chef-crafted salad area and a dessert menu that rivals Grandma’s kitchen. This month, you can also try the limited-edition pork chops, which are soaked in a flavorful marinade and then grilled to golden brown perfection.
Rock out to live music at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub.
5. This weekend is filled with live music at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub in Addison. Friday night, come by at 10 p.m. to hear The Max perform live. This high-energy cover band performs everything from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and today! On Saturday, come back at 10 p.m. to hear Night Shift. This lively cover band also plays the greatest hits from the 70s to today, including songs like “Uptown Funk,” “Fireball” and “Bad Mama Jama.”
If you’re a fan of performing arts, then check out these shows in the Corridor!
6. Dreams of Icarus premieres at Stone Cottage this Friday night at 7:30 p.m.! Performed by Outcry Theatre, Dreams of Icarus is a new interpretation of the classic Greek myth. The story is about Icarus, a storyteller who dreams of soaring among the stars, and his brother Daedalus, the most famous inventor of all time. But when they find themselves locked in King Minos’s tower, tensions rise as they remember the moments that led them there. The only way to escape death is for Daedalus to create a pair of working wings – and see what happens when Icarus finally has the chance to fly. The play is running through Dec. 29.
- This is your last weekend to see Cirque Holidays at WaterTower Theatre! Presented in collaboration with Lone Star Circus, Cirque Holidays is a magical, entertaining show featuring aerialist stunts, acrobatics, clowns and more. See it Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
Run for beer in Addison.
- What better motivation to run than a delicious cold glass of beer? Sign up for the December Pub Run at Addison Ice House at 6 p.m. Dec. 19. For just $10, you can meet other community members, run or walk a 3-mile race, then enjoy beers and socializing at the Addison Ice House! There will also be raffles going on throughout the night! Be sure to wear your favorite Ugly Christmas sweater to make the event even more fun.