Don’t panic: it’s only two weeks until Christmas! With the most wonderful (and busiest) time of the year upon us, it’s more important than ever to take time to soak it all in. Meet a friend visiting friend for a drink at one of the coolest bars in Addison. Take family members out to dinner at a delicious Corridor restaurant. Or, check out some of the festive local events happening right here in Town. Learn more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
Raise a glass to Addison happy hours!
1. Every Friday from 4-9 p.m. you can score drink deals for $3 at The Back 9! Or, come in for Sunday Funday all day Sunday for $3 wells, $4 calls, $3.50 domestics and $3 Fireball shots. This Sunday, you be sure to wear your ugliest Christmas sweater for the Ugly Sweater Party from 9-11 p.m.! The tackiest-dressed guest will receive a $100 gift card to The Back 9.
- Bring your friends to Social Hour at Sidecar Social this week, which takes place every weekday from open-6 p.m. Here, you can get $4 call drinks and ½-off house wine by the glass. Additionally, Sidecar offers many daily specials, including $5 martinis on Wednesday and $5 draft cocktails on Thursday. If you are in the mood for a little fun, stay late to enjoy live band karaoke at 9 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday night football at 7 p.m., live music starting at 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and NFL football all day Sunday.
Share a slice with friends this week in the Corridor.
3. With so many errands to run as we get closer to the holidays, dinner should be the one thing you don’t have to worry about. Grab a delicious pizza at Zoli’s Pizza and Pasta. Their mouth-watering New York-style pies come in 14-inch round or 12-inch square, all finished with house cheese and basil. Some stand-out options include the Spangler, made with mozzarella, sauce, Pecorino Romano, EVOO and basil; the Meat Fight, with Holy Cow Seasoned Brisket, jalapenos, caramelized onions, pepperoni, sesame seed crust and BBQ sauce; and Prince Rogers, with mozzarella, herb mushrooms, zucchini, roasted tomatoes and pesto mascarpone.
- Authentic Italian food can be yours at Antonio Ristorante! Come in for authentic Italian cuisine with a modern twist. Of course, one of the highlights of Antonio’s are its gourmet specialty pizzas. These are 12-inch round pizzas made-to-order in a stone-bottom oven with fresh ingredients. Choose the Capricciosa, made with Prosciutto, capers, artichoke hearts, red onions, tomato sauce, mozzarella and oregano; the Siciliana, made with Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions, black olives, tomato sauce, mozzarella and oregano; or the Pizza all Salmone, with white sauce, smoked salmon, mozzarella cheese, red onions and capers.
5. This Saturday night is the last Vitruvian Lights‘ party of the year! From 6-10 p.m., you can see Sonny’s Holliday performed live – a country duo made up of Sonny Burgess and Jolie Holliday. Afterward, hang out with classic holiday characters, get a free photo with Santa, watch an elf balloon artist and enjoy gourmet food trucks and sweet treats. This event is free, with parking just $10.
See gorgeous artwork at Chaco Terada’s exhibit at Valley House Gallery.
6. Chaco Terada’s opening reception for “Listening in the Silence” will take place this Saturday from 6-8 p.m. at Valley House Gallery. See her beautiful nature scenes in person and learn more about Terada, who started practicing calligraphy when she was just four years old. In addition to Valley House, her work can also be seen in New York, Los Angeles and Paris.
Hang out with sweet animals this weekend as you enjoy the holiday season with goats and dogs!
7. Celebrate Christmas with adorable goats dressed in costumes at Holiday Goat Yoga this Saturday from 2-3 p.m. in Addison Circle! After doing yoga while cute goats wander around you, warm up with refreshing Starbucks Coffee and hot cocoa.
8. Want your fur baby to take a photo with Santa Claus? Wednesday night from 7-9 p.m. is pet night with Santa at Galleria Dallas! Bring your cute, four-legged friend (who is under 100 pounds) to the mall to take a picture with the jolly fellow. Please only bring up to two animals per person, either leashed or in a carrier.