Merry Christmas, Addison! After spending a lovely day relaxing with your family and friends, indulging in delicious turkey and hot cocoa, and taking plenty of post-present-opening-naps, it’s time to get out and enjoy the world again. This holiday weekend, catch up with friends at happy hour, take your grandma out to a delicious brunch, see a live show or do some goat yoga in Addison Circle. Read all about these ideas and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week!
Toast to a great year at one of these Corridor-based happy hours.
1. At Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, you will love their amazing Sizzle, Swizzle, Swirl Happy Hour that includes food, appetizers, hand-crafted cocktails and wine starting at $9. Come in from 4:30-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and Sunday to take advantage of these specials, including: the Classic Cosmo, Ruth’s Manhattan, Gin Basil Smash, Two Oceans Chardonnay, select beer and delicious bites.
- Happy hour is from noon-7 p.m. Monday-Friday at Arthur’s Steakhouse! Come in for $4.50 house wine, beer starting at $3.50, wells for $5.50, calls for $7.50, martinis for $7.50, frozen drinks for $9, discounted bar food and more.While you’re there, be sure to check out their amazing live music and dinner options.
It’s Christmas break! Sleep in late, then grab a bite to eat at one of these breakfast spots.
3. Snooze an A.M. Eatery offers many savory or sweet options. The Snooze Classic is made with three farm-fresh, cage-free eggs cooked any style with your choice of meat served with hash browns and toast. Or, go for the Breakfast Pot Pie, made with homemade rosemary sausage gravy smothered over a flaky puff pastry and topped with a sunny side up egg. Sweet options include the Cherries Jubilee Pancakes, which are chocolate chip pancakes topped with vanilla crème, dark-cherry bourbon compote and cookies and cream mousse. Or, you can’t go wrong with the OMG! French Toast, made with fresh brioche stuffed with mascarpone and topped with vanilla crème, caramel, fresh strawberries and toasted coconut.
- Fill up on tasty pancakes and other options from the Original Pancake House. They are famous for their buttermilk pancakes in any flavor, including the Apple Pancake, which is oven baked with sautéed Granny Smith apples and pure Sinkiang cinnamon glaze. Of course, there are many other options as well, such as the Southwest Specialties, such as breakfast tacos, breakfast burritos, Huevos Rancheros and more, which are also served with buttermilk pancakes. It’s a great place to relax and indulge on your day off.
Jam out with live music at Sidecar Social!
5. This weekend will be filled with amazing tunes at Sidecar Social! DJ Shaolin will be spinning beats on Thursday at 9 p.m., where you can also grab $5 craft cocktails on draft. On Friday, Limelight will take the stage at 9 p.m., performing party hits and popular covers. Finally, The Mullet Boyz will be here on Saturday at 9 p.m., playing all your favorite throwback songs like Van Halen and Bon Jovi. It’s sure to be a party!
Have great laughs with great company at Addison Improv.
6. Rod Man is coming to Addison Improv this Friday-Sunday! This hilarious comedian is the winner of Last Comic Standing season 8, whose unique delivery and voice capture the attention of audiences. People can’t get enough of his southern charm, wit and ability to find the funny in any situation. He also hosts YouTube Shows, including Time Out with Rod Man and That Good Funny and has appeared on major television shows such as The Bad Boys of Comedy on HBO. See him live at 7:30 p.m. or 9:45 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. Saturday or 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
Stretch and sip at Holiday Goat Yoga!
7. Stretch your muscles and sip hot cocoa at Holiday Goat Yoga from 2-3 p.m. Saturday at Addison Circle. Do yoga poses while adorable little goats wander about. After, fill up with a warm Starbucks coffee or hot cocoa and candy cane provided! It’s a fun way to celebrate the holiday season and get a jumpstart on your New Year’s resolutions.