Happy New Year! Celebrate the first weekend of the new decade in style by checking out all the exciting things the North Dallas Corridor has to offer. From New Year’s Eve celebrations in Corridor restaurants, to a fantastic dueling piano performance to DIY-art projects, this weekend is filled with entertaining events. Read all about it in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Raise a glass to specially priced drinks in the Corridor.
1. Party this weekend at the Mucky Duck, where happy hour takes place Monday-Thursday from 3-7 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 3-8 p.m. You can score $7 specialty cocktails, $3.50 wells and draughts and $5 appetizers. Or, on Wednesday, come in for half price Fish and Chips all day and $4 Smirnoff vodka.
- More happy hour specials can be found at Yard House! Come in from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday or from 9:30-11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday for plenty of awesome drink specials. These include $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails; $3 off 9oz wine; and $4 off Half Yards. If you get hungry, you can also order select appetizers for half-off, including the boneless wings, queso dip and onion ring tower!
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style!
3. Live music, champagne toasts and amazing food can be yours this New Year’s Eve by reserving dinner at Table 13. Beginning at 8 p.m., come in for their special NYE prix fixe menu for $100/person. This will include a mini crab cake and an appetizer option of jumbo shrimp cocktail, shaved seared tenderloin crustini or pan seared scallops endive. The second course will be your choice of caprese salad, winter salad or lobster bisque. The main event includes five delicious entrée options: Delmonico 20oz bone-in ribeye, pan seared wild Alaskan halibut, surf ‘n’ turf, pan seared Chilean sea bass or shrimp scampi. Finish this with your choice of chocolate torte, crème brulee or NY style cheesecake. Reserve your spot by calling 972-789-9558.
- Come to Texas de Brazil on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day for a fantastic celebration. The restaurant opens at 11 a.m. both days and will be serving their regular dinner menu all day. On New Year’s Eve, you can even reserve late-night seating so you can ring in 2020 at your favorite place! Delicious meats, a fresh salad bar and mouth-watering sides? What could be better?
New Year’s Eve has never been livelier!
5. Celebrate New Year’s Eve with a “One-of-a-Kind Beat Bumpin’, Feet Tappin’, Mic Droppin’ Live Entertainment Experience” at Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar! Beginning at 8 p.m. Tuesday night, four amazing piano players will showcase their wildly entertaining chops in a high-energy dueling piano entertainment. The event will also include light hors d’oeuvres, party favors, singing and a bottle of champagne. Admission is just $25 per person. Reserve your spot by calling 972-726-7383.
Jumpstart your “be more artistic” resolution at Pinot’s Palette!
6. Feeling artsy this year? Visit Pinot’s Palette in Addison to get your creative juices flowing through painting! On Jan. 2 from 7-9 p.m., you can paint “Winter Lights.” This is a bright picture, featuring snowy trees lit up with the green Northern Night Lights in the background. On Jan. 3 from 7:30-9:30 p.m., you can create “Wildwood Enchantment,” which is a purple-and-blue image of the woodlands dotted with beautiful fireflies. On Jan. 4, you can create “Unicorn Magic Under Blacklight” from 2-4 p.m. and “From the Ashes” from 7-9 p.m., which feature a colorful unicorn and fiery phoenix respectively. Finally, from 2-4 p.m. Jan. 5, you can paint “Winter Sunset,” which is a rainbow-like picture filled with snowy trees.
It’s your last chance to see Christmas lights in Addison!
7. Still haven’t been to Vitruvian Lights in Addison? Wednesday, Jan. 1, is your last chance! Come by Vitruvian Park after nightfall to see millions of twinkling LED lights wrapped around more than 500 trees. This dazzling display features lights in every color of the rainbow, all lit up for your enjoyment. Just walk through the park trails, take pictures against the lights and enjoy the last few days of the holiday season. Even if you’ve gone before, it’s always a magical experience!