It’s been a cold, drizzly week in Addison, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get out and have some fun! Take a break from your regularly scheduled binge-watching this evening and hit the town. There are plenty of happy hours, burgers, live music, movies, shows and events to attend! Get in the holiday spirit by seeing Last Christmas or going to Holiday Goat Yoga, or simply enjoy a flavorful burger with friends. Discover more about these ideas and more by reading our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week.
Happy hour prices in a high-class atmosphere awaits you this week.
- Host a business meeting with an important client, go on an early date night or just unwind after a busy day at the office during happy hour at Table 13. Come in on weekdays from 4-7 p.m. to get $2 off all drinks by the glass! Or, enjoy a liquid lunch and get $3 martinis when you come in from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- They may be known for their meat, but Texas de Brazil also serves up delicious happy hour specials! Come in from 4:30-6 p.m. Monday-Friday to get $3 domestic beers, $5 glasses of TdB private label wine, $5 Caipirinhas and well cocktails and $7 martinis.
- Welcome to Addison, Shake Shack! The newest burger joint in town offers delicious burgers, chicken, hot dogs, fries and shakes! Everything on the menu is good, but we have a special place in our hearts for the exclusive Pecan Lodge cheeseburger, topped with a jalapeno cheese sausage link, pickles and ShakeSauce.
- Burgers at Hopdoddy Burger Bar are always good – especially when you can only get them for a limited time! Stop by this month to enjoy the Magic Shroom, a delightfully sinful burger made with Angus beef, goat cheese, field mushrooms mayo, basil pesto, lettuce, tomato and onion. It’s so good, you won’t believe it’s real!
See a show at Sherlock’s in Addison this weekend!
- Every night of the week is a party at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub, which hosts live music every night except Sunday. The events start Wednesday evening with Rockstar Fantasy Karaoke, hosted by Time Machine. Jueves de Noche Latina plays Thursday, followed by Mullet Boyz performing on Friday and Extended Play on Saturday. For extra fun, stop in Monday-Saturday from 2-9 p.m. for happy hour specials.
- Friday night is the premiere of Outcry Youth Theatre’s latest show, The Cripple of Inishmaan. The show is set in 1934, where the people of Inishmaan learn that the Hollywood director Robert Flaherty is coming nearby to film a documentary. The most excited person of all is Cripple Billy, an unloved boy whose chief occupation has been gazing at cows and yearning for a girl who doesn’t feel the same way. He longs to travel across the sea and audition, but the people from his hometown can only laugh and mock his hope. See it Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at Studio Theatre inside the Addison Theatre Centre. The show runs through Nov. 17.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas – especially in the movie theatre! Visit AMC Village on the Parkway 9 or LOOK Cinemas this weekend to catch the premiere of Last Christmas, starring Emilia Clarke, Emma Thompson and Henry Golding. The show is about a girl named Kate, who parades around London making bad decisions and working as an elf in a year-round Christmas shop. When the handsome Tom walks into her life, he seems too good to be true. As the snow falls, the romance heats up. If you want to get in the holiday spirit, then this movie is for you!
- The only thing better than burning calories is drinking them afterward! Do both at the Holiday Goat Yoga in Addison Circle this Saturday from 2-3 p.m. Wear your favorite Christmas t-shirt and leggings for some yoga with adorable goats. Later, treat yourself to a delicious Starbucks coffee or mug of hot cocoa. As a bonus: the goats will be wearing their cutest holiday outfits. What could be better?