The North Dallas Corridor is gearing up for Thanksgiving next week, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know how to have fun! There are plenty of happy hour specials, live music shows, art exhibits and local events to keep you occupied until Turkey Day. And if you want to get a jumpstart on your holiday preparation, you can order family-style meal to go from one of our delicious restaurants. Learn all about it and more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
- Kick back with a cold drink this week at Houlihan’s, where you can score happy hour specials from 3-7 p.m. and 9 p.m.-close Monday-Thursday, from 3-7 p.m. and 9-11 p.m. Friday, from 1-4 p.m. Saturday and all day on Sunday. Specials include cocktails, big craft beer on draft, The Big Cheese (full-size burger) and delicious appetizers like Thai Wings and Stuffed ‘Shrooms – all for just $5 each. You can also get $3 14-ounce domestic drafts, $4 well cocktails, $7 9-ounce pours of wine and more.
- No matter what time you’re in the mood for drinks, you can find them at Yard House! Happy hour is from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 9:30 p.m.-midnight Sunday-Thursday (although it is food only after 11 p.m.) Here, you can get $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails, $3 off 9-ounce wine and $4 off Half Yards. When you get hungry, chow down on half-priced pizzas and select half-price appetizers (the spinach cheese dip is amazing!)
- Not in the mood to cook this week? Whether you are just busy, or you are hosting an early Thanksgiving party, you can cater it with food in the Corridor! Kenny’s Italian Kitchen offers family-style ordering, where you can get much larger portions of your favorite appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts – perfect for sharing with the entire family. For example, you can get The Italiano for $15.99 per person, which includes their choice of lasagna, baked ziti or chicken piccata and Italian chopped or Caesar salad along with fresh bread. Or, you can get half-pan or full-pan entrees of your favorite salad or pasta! It’s so good, you’ll want it to be your new family tradition.
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib is also offering a Thanksgiving To-Go menu, which is available to order until noon on Nov. 26. Order the family-style prime rib feast, which includes roasted prime rib, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn and spinach, salad and dressing, sourdough bread, Yorkshire pudding batter, creamed and straight horseradish. You can also order sides a la cart and delicious desserts, such as banana cream pie, pumpkin pie, cheesecake, triple layer chocolate cake and more to feed your whole family!
- In the mood to hear some awesome live music? Elevation is coming to Sidecar Social this Friday night at 9 p.m., where you can let loose to the music or simply enjoy it while hitting the shuffleboard court or sipping on craft cocktails. Come back Saturday at 9 p.m. to hear Ashmore perform live. Their mix of British and Southern roots, makes for an awesome rock ‘n’ roll show!
- Enjoy beautiful oil paintings this week by seeing Sara Lennon’s art exhibit at the Addison Conference Centre, which is part of the AddisonArt Program. Lennon has a strong connection to land and nature, and an interest in other cultures, which inspires much of her artistic work. She is drawn to color, texture and pattern. See her wonderful paintings from now until Dec. 8. Call 972-450-6241 to make an appointment.
From giving back to Christmas shopping, the holiday spirit is in the air this week.
- Whole Foods Addison is celebrating Thanksgiving with a Grateful Giveback event from 7:30-9 p.m. Thursday night. Come to the event for cocktails and a scavenger hunt! Attendees will be split into groups, given a shopping list of needed items for the North Texas Food Bank and set loose. Teams will cover the cost of the items they gather, and the winning team will get $50 to Board Mama! It’s a fun way to giveback during the holiday season!
- Clubs of Prestonwood members are invited to the Sip and Shop Holiday Bazaar this Friday from 5:30-8:30 p.m.! This festive event is the perfect place to stock up on your holiday gifts before the busy season begins. Grab a drink then browse the many vendors on-site, including Young Living, Mary Kay, Chocolate Secrets, Beautycounter, Lux and Nix, Haute Sweets Patissere, J.L. Luik, Stella and Dot, Cord of 3 Designs, Rodan and Fields and Giovanny Alexander of Beaver Creek.