Whether you are looking for some good old fashioned autumn fun, or you want to get into the holiday spirit early, there is something for you this week in Addison! Dance the night away at the Addison After Dark: Harvest Hootenanny, see beautiful Christmas decor and support a good cause at the Civic League’s Holiday Home Tour, catch a funny live show, and enjoy fish and happy hour drinks. Learn more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
- Happy hour is known as Social Hour at the Flying Saucer in Addison, where you can get all drafts from 4-7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Come back Sunday for $4 Texas drafts and Monday for $4 all drafts all day long! It’s a great time to drink beer.
- The Mucky Duck offers drink specials every single day! Come in Wednesday for half-price fish and chips and $4 Smirnoff vodka; Thursday for $3.50 drafts; and Sunday for specials on select draughts, wells, Tuaca, Jager, Rumple Minze and Fireball. Monday-Thursday from 3-7 p.m. (and until 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday) is happy hour, which includes $7 specialty cocktails, $3.50 wells and draughts and $5 appetizers.
- It’s a great weekend for fish! At Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill, you can have all the seafood your heart desires. Begin with a savory appetizer, like the coconut almond crusted shrimp with Thai chili and wasabi sauces, or the escargot baked in white wine, garlic, parsley, butter and parmesan. For the main course, ordered your choice of salmon, trout, shrimp, redfish, bass and more, all served with tasty veggies and seasoned to perfection.
- At the recently renovated Nate’s Seafood and Steakhouse, you can fill up on amazing Louisiana-boiled crawfish, crab and shrimp. From fried crawfish tails to stuffed shrimp to crab finger dinner, you can satisfy any craving! Fresh fish is also on the menu, along with gumbo, fish tacos, po-boys, seafood pasta, jambalaya and so much more.
- This Saturday night is going to be groovy, as The Night Shift takes the stage at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub at 9:30 p.m. This high-energy dance band loves playing the hits – from the ‘70s to today. If you like jamming out to “Bad Mama Jama” followed by “Uptown Funk,” then you don’t want to miss this!
- YouTube sensations and fitness experts Kevin and Keith Hodge are bringing their stand-up show to Addison this month! The hilarious Hodgetwins are famous for their hilarious and entertaining videos. See their edgy, unfiltered comedy live at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Sunday night at Addison Improv. They will bring double the fun and double the laughs!
- Addison Circle Park is turning into a harvest hootenanny this Saturday from 7-11 p.m.! Don’t miss the final installment of Addison’s new series, Addison After Dark: Harvest Hootenanny. This free, autumn-themed party is fun for the whole family. Get your face painted, visit the petting zoo, go bull-riding, play lawn games and listen to The Bodarks and David Whiteman and the King David Band perform live.
- Get in the Christmas spirit early by attending the Civic League’s Holiday Home Tour from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 1-4 p.m. Sunday! This festive event features four beautifully decorated homes in Farmers Branch and Carrollton, which have been elegantly decorated for the season. You can purchase delicious baked goods, shop in the marketplace, enter for a chance to win gift cards and grab a gift at Pick-A-Box for $5. The entire event is a fundraiser that funds scholarships and grants. Last year alone, $57,650 was presented to 23 local high school students and 12 college students; and $47,000 in civic grants were presented to 12 nonprofits in the area including Metrocrest Services and WaterTower Theatre. Tickets are just $20 if purchased in advance and $15 for seniors.