Costumes, scary drinks and seasonal food is filling the North Dallas Corridor this weekend! Halloween is tomorrow, and Addison is celebrating all weekend long with parties, unique drinks, live music and amazing dinner and deserts. Not into scary stuff? See a new play or gallery exhibit or participate in the fun Cosmic Yogi Festival instead! Learn all about this and more in our guide of 9 Things To Do This Week.
Enjoy one of these spooky happy hour events in the Corridor!
- Cantina Laredo in Addison is celebrating Dia de los Muertos (or Day of the Dead) from now through Nov. 2! Guests can come in and try limited edition cocktails – Spur of the Moment ($11), made with Espolon Blanco tequila, Disaronno Amaretto, perfect puree guava, mango puree, cinnamon, frensh orange and lime; and Rosarita’s Fight ($12), made with Espolon Resposado tequila, Domaine de Canton Ginger liqueur, Monin Rose syrup, fresh grapefruit, cucumber and lime. When you order one of these, you will also get a commemorative Cantarita clay cub with an augmented reality image that will come to life when you scan the image on your phone!
- Paint your face like a Mexican sugar skull and bring your amigos to La Ventana for the Dia de los Muertos party on Saturday at noon. Come in for drink specials, tacos, complimentary Mexican hot chocolate paired with Pan de Muertos and more! There will also be live music from 5-10 p.m. by DJ Dany Muñoz Chibli.
Check out these seasonal specials in the Corridor.
3. Come join us for Antonio Ristorante’s Fall Puppy’s on the Patio fundraiser, on Monday, Nov. 4th from 5pm- 10pm, in Addison Circle.
Just bring your pet on a leash to this event on Nov 4th, and enjoy dinner on their spacious patio. If you don’t want to bring your pet, come anyway, as 20% of the patio receipts that night will go to Operation Kindness.
4. From now through Thursday, you can try the BOSS Hog burger at Hopdoddy Burger Bar. This tasty entree features a beef patty, jalapeno pumpkin cole slaw, sweet mustard BBQ sauce, cheddar cheese, bacon and BBQ pulled pork. Wash it down with a tasty Bananas Foster shake, made with cinnamon banana, salted caramel and brown butter!
5. Whether you are craving something sweet or savory, Lazy Dog has got you covered! Their seasonal fall menu is filled with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts that you will love. For dinner, try the Insta-worthy Butternut Squash Soup, made from scratch and topped with coconut cream and toasted pumpkin seeds; or the Nashville Hot Portobello, made with buttermilk-battered Portobello mushroom, mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans, heirloom tomatoes, almond-walnut crumble, housemade hot sauce and sweet bread. Finish your meal with the Apple-Huckleberry Open Face Pie, prepared with wild huckleberries, cinnamon apples, salted caramel sauce and served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream in a hand-folded sugar pie crust.
Spend Halloween jamming out to great music.
6.Wear your Halloween costume and come out to Nate’s Seafood for the 30th Annual Halloween Bash, beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday. The party features live blues music from Brent Rozell! Can’t make it? Come back on Sunday from 7-11 p.m. to hear more live blues music, this time played by Jackie Don Loe.
Check out a new play or gallery exhibit this weekend.
7. OverTake Productions is presenting King David is Burning this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre! Come in to see this stage play starring Keon Jones as the charismatic and emotionally crippled king-in-waiting. Additionally, this play will offer door prizes, wine and special gift drawings for attendees!
8. Gail Norfleet’s exhibition is premiering at Valley House Gallery this weekend, beginning with an artist reception from 6-8 p.m. Saturday. See her beautiful work “Gail Norfleet: Made in Layers,” filled with colorful, flowery, feminine images.
Practice your Warrior Pose at the Cosmic Yogi Festival!
9. Wear your favorite yoga pants and come out to the Cosmic Yogi Festival from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday at the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre! This event is filled with good vibes and positive energy for an “Omm-mazing” experience. Participants will enjoy four yoga and meditation classes each hour, more than 30 classes all day, incredible teachers, everything from traditional to funky classes, mini-seminars, over 90 vendors selling an array of merchandise, Aerial yoga, drum circles, belly dancing, goat yoga, Pups N Pilates, food trucks, giveaways and more! It’s a great way to stretch your body and your mind.