Pumpkin spice flan, a Rocky Horror Picture Show party, a thrilling new movie and a vibrant artist market will make this weekend one to remember! Celebrate fall and the cooler weather (finally!) by getting out of the house and exploring all the wonderful things the North Dallas Corridor has to offer. Read more about it in this guide of 9 Things To Do This Week!
Head to Village on the Parkway this week for plenty of happy hour specials!
- Wind down this weekend with delicious wine at Mercy Wine Bar! Every day from open until 7 p.m., guests can score a special selection of wines for just $5 a glass. And if you come in on Monday, you can get half off selected bottles of wine to enjoy in the restaurant or at home!
- Stop by Kenny’s Italian Kitchen after work, where you can get happy hour specials from 2-7 p.m. Monday-Friday. Here, you can score $4 wells, $5 house wines and $1 off beers (hint: these go great with Kenny’s famous Midnight Meatballs!).
- One of the best Tex-Mex restaurants in Houston is now open in Addison—Lupe Tortilla! Come to Lupe Tortilla, located at 4535 Belt Line Road in Addison, where you can get breakfast from 8-11 a.m., and lunch and dinner until 10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Try their “World Famous Sizzling Fajitas,” made with beef, chicken, shrimp or filet mignon and served with guacamole, pico de gallo, cheddar cheese, grilled onions, rice and frijoles. You can also add a side of jalapeno sausage, lobster tail, chipotle smoked ribs and more to make your order muy deliciosia! For desert, get the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Flan and Latte, which includes a sweet flan made with caramel sauce, whipped cream and seasonal berries, paired with a PSL made with steamed milk, espresso, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and whipped cream—pumpkins are the best part of fall, after all!
- Located near Addison Airport, Austin’s BBQ is an open-air concept sports bar, with roll-up garage doors that open to let guests in. Come enjoy their tasty BBQ sandwiches and carb-heavy homestyle sides like baked potatoes, loaded fries and a BBQ Stuffed Baker (you deserve it). You can also host a party at home by ordering Meat by the Pound from Austin’s, such as brisket, pulled pork, pork ribs, turkey, sausage, jalapeno sausage and chicken. Is your mouth watering yet?
- The circus is coming to town—the Electric Circus, that is. Visit Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub in Addison this Friday night at 10 p.m. to party with Electric Circus, an energetic band that performs modern Top 40 hits, dance music, ‘80s, ‘90s and ‘00s favorites, hip-hop and more!
The Arts/Local Events
- Channel your inner artist by visiting the Urban Artist Market at the Addison Conference Centre this Friday and Saturday! Walk through this gorgeous festival, filled with regionally-sourced art, sculpture, pottery, fiber art, jewelry, mosaic, stained glass, ceramics, paintings, libations and desserts that are handcrafted and presented by the artisan community. Stroll through the aisles to discover unique creations, talk with local artisans, and purchase something new for your home!
- Will Smith is back on the big screen—twice! See Gemini Man, premiering this Friday night, starring present-day Smith and a digitally recreated younger version of Smith. This innovative movie is about Henry Brogan, an elite assassin who is targeted by a mysterious young operative who can predict his every move. It is action-packed, incredibly well done and absolutely thrilling. See it at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 or LOOK Cinemas this weekend.