It’s October—the start of my favorite time of the year! Everyone seems to be in good moods. Pumpkins fill the grocery stores and gardens, the nights turn chilly and fashion, art and beauty are exploding everywhere you look. This weekend, there is so much to celebrate in the North Dallas Corridor—pumpkins, tacos, artwork and more! This Friday is National Taco Day, which you can celebrate with spicy tacos and ice-cold margaritas. Additionally, creative paintings are hanging in galleries in Addison, live music is lighting up the weekend at Table 13 and pumpkins are overflowing at the Shops at Willow Bend! Learn all about these events and more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week.
It may be fall, but it’s still hot in Addison! Cool off with a frozen margarita at one of these happy hour spots.
- It’s a fiesta at Taqueria La Ventana, which offers La Hora Feliz (happy hour) from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Here, you can get $3 frozen and iced margaritas, cervezas and micheladas! Pair these with a spicy breakfast taco served all day, a warm quesadilla or chips and guacamole.
- Unwind after work at Los Lupes in Addison, where you can get $2 house margaritas, domestic drafts, well drinks, been and cheese nachos and queso dip (seriously – it’s just $2 each)! Happy hour is from 3-7 p.m. Wednesday-Friday. This deal is so good, you’ll want to come back every day!
- Chuy’s Addison is hosting a Taco Day event from 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday. Come in to add a crispy beef taco to any order for just $1, get $1 floaters all day, and buy a special Chuy’s taco t-shirt for just $10. For extreme Tacoholics, dress like a taco and get a free entree of your choice! Finally, if you do participate in National Taco Day, be sure to post about it on social media with the hashtag #NationalTacoDay to be entered to win fun and delicious prizes.
- You can enjoy tacos any day this week at Blue Mesa Grill, which is hosting a four-day National Taco Day celebration from 5-9 p.m. daily, through Friday. Here, you will get access to an endless taco buffet – this includes BBQ pulled pork, grilled chicken, brisket, roasted veggies, rice and beans, homemade tortillas and all the toppings your heart desires. This deal is just $12 for adults, $7 for kids ages 6-11 and free for kids 5 and under.
- Take a date out for drinks and elegant live music this weekend at Table 13! Wednesday, Melani Skybell will be singing and playing piano beginning at 6 p.m. Skybell’s repertoire includes traditional jazz, sultry ballads, swing standards, bossa novas, pop classics and original jazz-pop compositions. On Thursday, Henry Munoz takes the stage at 6 p.m., followed by Marc Toussaint at 6:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. These talented, high-class musicians are sure to bring entertainment and smiles to your evening!
See beautiful paintings and artwork in Addison this week.
- The warm, colorful paintings of Mary Vernon will be on display at Valley House Gallery from now through Oct. 26. This is Vernon’s seventh solo exhibition at Valley House and will showcase her amazing ability to showcase joy, light and seriousness with her paintings. You can learn more about Vernon’s work by attending her artist talk this Saturday at 11 a.m.
- Visit the Addison Conference Centre this week to see James Wright’s watercolors and oil paintings exhibit, which will only be on display through Oct. 10. Wright’s work includes watercolor versions of famous and unknown people, nature scenes, food and drinks, and even some graphic images. He works to explore the human condition and expose a mood or emotion. The gorgeous paintings will be hung on the walls throughout the conference centre, available for viewing anytime the centre is open.
- Pumpkins are coming to the Shops at Willow Bend this weekend! Red Tent Market is hosting The Patch at Willow Bend from Oct. 6-31 from 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. The Patch will have pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, gourds, bales of hay, corn stalks and holiday decorations to browse and buy. You can also go through a hay maze for just $5. It’s a great way to kick off October!