September is all about trying new things: from a new drink to a new Italian restaurant. This week, sing karaoke at Village on the Parkway’s newest bar, try new food prepared by Chef Antonio, see the vibrant new work by Harold Kraus at Southwest Gallery, and see a fun new movie starring many of Hollywood’s leading ladies! Learn more about these events and more in our guide of 9 Things To Do This Week.
- Friday is National Caipirinha Day, a time to appreciate this delicious drink made in Brazil, which is considered the first distilled sugar cane spirit in the Americas! Celebrate by visiting Texas de Brazil, where you can get these refreshing drinks for just $5. Each house Caipirinha is made with cachaca, lime and sugar – a tangy and sweet combination perfect for a late summer evening!
- Another place to score cool, delicious drinks is Cantina Laredo! Right now, they are enjoying the last few weeks of summer with their amazing Marvelous Mojitos collection: the Mojito Energizer is made with Cruzan Aged Light Rum, Red Bull Yellow Edition, fresh mint and lime ($12); the Pin Guava Mojito is made with Cruzan Aged Light Rum, The Perfect Puree Pink Guava, fresh mint, lime and club soda ($10.50); and the Classic Cantina Mojito is made with Cruzan Aged Light Rum, fresh mint, lime and cane sugar ($10). Make sure to stop by for happy hour from 4-7 p.m. and 9 p.m.-close Monday-Friday and from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday for drink specials!
- Warm red sauce, thick noodles, fresh cheese and mouth-watering garlic bread: it’s the perfect dinner! Enjoy some delicious Italian food at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen this week. Satisfy your pasta craving with mushroom ravioli, made with smoked gouda cream, ham and white truffle oil; fettuccini carbonara, made with smoked bacon, fresh egg, parmesan, romano and cream; or sausage and peppers, served with provolone, red sauce and ziti. Wash it down with your favorite red or white wine – you deserve it!
- Enjoy authentic Italian food at Antonio Ristorante, where Chef Antonio combines his mother’s old Italian recipes with his French culinary training for an explosion of tastes that you will have to try to believe. For an extra special evening, come by any Tuesday from 6-7 p.m. (through mid-November) for Tasting Tuesday with Chef Antonio! During this highly anticipated event, Chef Antonio will guide you through pairings of three amazing wines with three heavy hors-d’oeuvres for a true taste of Italy for just $25 per person. Reservations are required for this limited-space event, by calling 972-458-1010.
- Village on the Parkway’s newest place to hang out, Sidecar Social, is offering plenty of live entertainment this week! Come by tonight for live band karaoke, where you can sing along to your favorite songs alongside instrumentals from real musicians, starting at 9 p.m. On Thursday at 10 p.m., DeeJay Shaolin will be spinning tunes, perfect for danging along or challenging your friends to a game of shuffleboard. The Vegas Stars are taking over on Friday at 9 p.m., followed by the lively Party Machine Band Saturday at 9 p.m. and DJ Joe Vega live on Sunday at 8 p.m. Find more details and the full line-up online.
- See colorful art this weekend, when Harold Kraus’ work comes to Southwest Gallery! His bright work features “eclectic subject matter and color-filled compositions” that will attract your eye. Tour the gallery to see more than 80 new works executed in an impressionistic style with happiness as a recurring theme. And be sure to stop by on Saturday from 1-5 p.m. to meet the artist in person!
- Invite your best girls to see Hustlers, premiering Friday night at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 and LOOK Cinemas! This #girlpower movie is inspired by a tree story about a group of strippers who banded together to turn the tables on their rude and greedy Wall Street clients, many of whom were responsible for the 2008 financial crisis. Cheer on the rockstar cast – Jennifer Lopez, Julia Stiles, Constance Wu, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer, Lizzo and Cardi B – as they plan a way to steal from these rich men.
- Wednesday marks the 18th anniversary of one of the most horrific days in American history: the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. The Town of Addison will remember the lives lost that day and recognize the heroes during a brief ceremony at 8:45 a.m. at the Central Fire Station.
- Addison’s biggest fall party is happening next weekend (mark your calendar for Addison Octoberfest Sept. 19-22 now!), but Wednesday night is a little preview. Visit Flying Saucer Addison for an Addison Oktoberfest Pre-Party with Paulaner from 6 p.m.-1 a.m. Here, you can participate in a stein-hoisting contest, win prizes, and enter giveaways from Flying Saucer, Paulaner and Addison Oktoberfest tickets! It’s all designed to get you excited for next weekend!