How are you going to celebrate the first weekend of autumn? In my opinion, live music, football games and beautiful pumpkin paintings will make this weekend one to remember! Try a delicious bacon-inspired meal, learn some expert fall makeup trends and end your weekend cheering on either the Cowboys or the Saints at a local bar. Learn all about it and more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
- Cheer on the Cowboys as they play the New Orleans Saints at 7:20 p.m. Sept. 29 at Addison Ice House. Looking for a cold drink before Sunday night? Come in any weekday from 4-7 p.m. to order their happy hour specials, which include $1 off wells, wine and draft beer! Additionally, you can score $1 off Texas beers on Thursday and a free taco bar from 6-8 p.m. Friday!
- Cheering for the other team? That’s OK – New Orleans Saints fans can watch the game on Sunday at The Quarter Bar and Grill. While you’re there, make sure to order $3 wells, domestic drafts, Kamakazi shots, Lemon Drop Shots, Fireball Cinnamon shots and $5 premium drafts. Earlier in the week, you can also get $3 wells on Thursday, $3 platinum vodka on Friday, and $3 wells on Saturday.
- There’s only one thing you need to know about Lazy Dog’s newest event: it’s all about bacon! That’s right, all bacon lovers are invited to the Bacon Experience Event on Sept. 25. You can enjoy a Smoked Maple Bacon Old Fashioned drink; an appetizer spread for the table that includes bacon candy, crispy deviled eggs and pig candy grilled cheese; an entrée choice of a Pork Belly BLT, a Bacon-Wrapped Dirty Dog with fries, a Bacon BBQ Ranch Burger or a Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Bison Meatloaf; ending with a Maple Bacon Bar dessert to share. This delightful meal is just $45 for two people (plus tax and gratuity) and reservations are required.
- This is the last weekend to try Texas de Brazil’s quarterly menu special – the Spicy Picanha! Come in this weekend for this savory meat, which adds an intense kick to the traditional Picanha. While you’re there, make sure to also load up on the quarterly salad area special: the Santa Fe Brazilian Salad. This is made with Brazilian hearts of palm for a light, delicious taste that you will love.
- This week’s live music lineup at Mercy Wine Bar includes Luqman Rashada from 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, who covers everything from Ed Sheeran to Prince in addition to his own original music. The Brehms Duo will take the stage Thursday from 8-11 p.m., followed by Marcelo Berestovoy’s Electric Trio from 8-11 p.m. Friday. The weekend will see Corina Grove, an alternative blues artist, play from 8-11 p.m., followed by Corey Breedlove, an American pop classic musician, from 7-9 p.m. Sunday.
Paint some gorgeous autumn-inspired paintings this weekend.
- Celebrate the first weekend of fall by painting pumpkin pictures at Pinot’s Palette! From 7:30-9:30 p.m. Sept. 27, paint the vibrant “Rose Autumn Morning.” This pretty painting features the lovely colors of pink, orange, yellow and purple as water meets sky during a sunrise. Or, come by from 3-5 p.m. Sept. 29 to paint “Pumpkin Spice.” Learn how to paint this gorgeous canvas featuring a tall white pumpkin and a short orange pumpkin, against a warm autumn backdrop. Both events are just $35 per painter.
- Visit Blue Mesa Addison this Sunday at 6 p.m. for a fun Paint Nite by Yaymaker, featuring “Rainy Autumn Leaf.” This vibrant painting features black-and-white raindrops with a striking orange-and-yellow fall leaf resting delicately on the water. This event is $35 per person.
Get a head start on your fall beauty at this event!
- Discover your perfect autumn lipstick shade, learn insider tips and tricks, get a skin care and fragrance consultation and more at Nordstrom’s Fall Beauty Event Sept. 25-Oct. 1 at Galleria Dallas. This fun, weeklong event is all about beauty! In addition to expert advice and consultations, guests will also receive personalized samples and exclusive gifts with purchase while supplies last.