It’s the last weekend of summer, and Addison is celebrating with sizzling events, entertaining food and amazing football watch parties! Come to the amazing Addison Oktoberfest, filled with beer, dancing, shopping, games and food; Wheels and Warbirds, where you can see the most amazing planes and cars in one place; and Keith and Margo’s Murder Mystery Dinner at Sherlock’s Pub, where you can help solve the crime over delicious food. Learn about all of these events and more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
The Dallas Cowboys are on a winning streak! Cheer on their next game against the Dolphins this Sunday and catch other football games at one of these local bars.
- The Mucky Duck plays shows football games from Thursday nights to Monday nights – and offers amazing drink specials too! Come by on Thursday for happy hour from 3-7 p.m., $3.50 drafts and a free taco bar from 6-8 p.m. On Friday and Saturday, you can also score happy hour deals from 3-8 p.m., including $7 specialty cocktails, $3.50 wells and draughts and $5 appetizers. For the Cowboys game on Sunday, you can score specials on select draughts, wells, Tuaca, Jager, Rumple Minze and Fireball! And for Monday Night Football, you can get $4 Crown and Downs. Drink up and go Cowboys!
- The Back 9 offers happy hour every weekday from 4-9 p.m., where you can come in for $3 drinks! You can also catch Thursday night Football, followed by performance by DJ Will and $3.50 wells and domestic drafts starting at 10 p.m. On Sunday, cheer on the Cowboys while enjoying $3 wells, $4 calls, $3.50 domestics and $3 Fireballs all day.
- Solve a murder this Sunday at the famous Keith and Margo’s Murdery Mystery Dinner, which will be at Sherlock’s Pub in Addison from 6-9 p.m. Your three-course dinner includes a buffalo or spinach flatbread appetizer; Fish and Chips, Nutty Chicken Salad or Watson Dinner for your entree; and a Harp Brownie or seasonal cobbler for dessert. In between bites, you can help solve the murder mystery, while professional actors sitting nearby give you clues. It’s the perfect night out for any ametuear slueths!
- Dining at the Magic Time Machine is always a unique experience. This restaurant opened in 1979 and is known for its costumed characters, themed-decorations, fun servers and delicious food. Each sitting area is one-of-a-kind, from the Tee-Pee, Lunchbox, Dunce-cap and Carosuel complete with horses. Start your meal at a salad bar, served inside a red 1952 MG-TD Roadster, followed by an entree of steak, seafood or pasta. When you dine here, you never know what will happen – but you’re sure to have a great time!
- In the mood for yodeling or polka music? Then you’re in for a treat as Addison Oktoberfest has an outstanding line-up of live music this Thursday-Sunday! Visit the Paulaner Partyhalle stage for live music, keg tapping, a bier belly contest and more! Over on the Sprint Musikzelt, you can watch German Idol, German Spelling Bee, the Alpine Dancers, Dachshund Races and more music! The full line-up is available online.
- Mary Vernon’s new work is coming to Valley House Gallery this weekend! See the opening reception on Saturday from 6-8 p.m., then see her show from Sept. 21-Oct. 26. This is Vernon’s seventh solo exhibition at Valley House. Vernon is a recently retired professor of art at Southern Methodist University, where she began her 50-year teaching career in 1967. Admire her paintings in person, which are colorful, airy and beautiful, and then take one home with you to brighten up your space!
- Raise a bier stein and shout “Prost!” because Addison Oktoberfest is back in town this weekend. This annual event is an authentic re-creation of the Munich Oktoberfest, which features almost 30 hours of family-oriented entertainment. Drink Oktoberfest Paulaner bier, eat high-quality German cuisine, shop in the Marktplatz, listen to live music and play games in the Karneval. Some of the highlights include the Dachshund Dash and parade, where you can cheer on adorable pups; the Oktoberfest Warrior Run 5k and 1k Dash that supports Wipe Out Kids Cancer and Kidd’s Kids; Chamberlain’s Brau Haus, which is an upscale Bavarian dining experience; and so much more. Tickets are free Thursday and Sunday and just $10 each on Friday and Saturday.
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum is hosting Wheels and Warbirds this Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.! Come by to see cool cars and hot planes. Saturday is the Pontiac Southern Nationals Car Show and Sunday is the American Pride Car Show. Both days you can see amazing planes take to the skies and even hop aboard one of these warbirds and soar yourself. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for kids under 12.