It’s another glorious summer week in the North Dallas Corridor! Enjoy it over a glass of wine with friends, over a delicious dinner with a loved one or while dancing the night away with the community. This week, see the bird show at Valley House Gallery, dance to Taylor Swift’s new album, Lover, and do goat yoga for the last time this summer. Read all about it in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
1. Relaxing with a glass of vino is the best way to spend your evening! Come into Mercy Wine Bar from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday for special happy hour prices. Or, come this Thursday from 6:30-9:30 p.m. for the Sip and Mingle Social for $20 a ticket, where you can meet other professionals over wine.
2. Have a little pasta with your wine by coming into Kenny’s Italian Kitchen from 2-7 p.m. Monday-Friday. Here you can get $5 house wines as well as $4 wells and $1 off beers. Make sure to order a delicious appetizer with these—like the famous Midnight Meatballs or a tasty Bruschetta bread topped with tomatoes, fresh basil, kalamata olives, roasted garlic and balsamic vinegar.
3. Through Aug. 25, dine at Lawry’s The Prime Rib – Dallas for $49 per person ($10 per person is donated to the North Texas Food Bank). You will start with the Famous Spinning Bowl Salad followed by your choice of roasted prime ribs of beef, hickory-smoked filet mignon, filet of Atlantic salmon, crab cake, jumbo shrimp or hickory-smoked pork ribs. The evening will finish with C.C. Brown’s Hot Fudge Sundae Sampler. Make your reservation now!
4. You have until the end of the month to enjoy Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill’s Restaurant Week menu for $39 per person, plus $27 per person if you want wines paired with each course or $13 per person if you want the Garrison Brothers signature cocktail “Not My First Rodeo” made with small batch bourbon whiskey, fresh orange juice, molasses simple syrup and orange peel. The dinner begins with your choice of starter (lobster and shrimp bisque, Texas watermelon or Boston lettuce wedge salad) and an entree (wood-grilled filet mignon, coconut- and almond-crusted U-14 shrimp, miso and garlic grilled salmon or crispy skin arctic char). Finish the evening with caramelized banana and toffee bread pudding, warm flourless chocolate cake or lemon lavender Crème Brûlée!
5. Get your salsa on one more time, as the last Vitruvian Salsa Festival of 2019 is taking place this Thursday from 6-10 p.m. at Vitruvian Park. This free event will feature live music by the talented Havana NRG, a community salsa lesson, and DJs spinning tunes you can salsa to. Guests can also buy food from the onsite food trucks if they need a cardio break! The event is free and parking is available for $10.
6. Take flight with Valley House Gallery, as it is hosting a bird show through September 7! This exhibit will be a summer celebration of birds, featuring artists inspired by the avian world. During this show, you can see paintings, sculptures, drawings, photos and prints by many artists—some of which are distinctly bird-like and others are more abstract. This show also includes works from Valley House founder Donald S. Vogel, whose name means “bird” in German.
7. It’s the last weekend of Goat Yoga at Addison Circle Park! Wear your favorite yoga pants and come to the park this Saturday at 10 a.m. for stretching, sweating and selfies with adorable goats! These guys will literally walk all over you during the work, and be available for cuddling and taking pictures of afterward. Register now for this fun, Insta-friendly event!
8. Calling all Swifties: Taylor Swift’s highly anticipated 7th studio album, Lover, will be released this Friday, and Galleria Dallas is celebrating by hosting a Skate To Taylor Swift party from 6-8 p.m. Friday! Glide along the skate rink listening to her new music (plus a few old favorites), enter for a chance to win exclusive parties, get your lip print read, enjoy a red lip demonstration by Morphe and visit the Awwdoptables kitten rescue display. This night is Taylor-made for fun!