Summer is almost over, but Addison keeps heating up! Brace the triple digits to go dancing at Vitruvian Salsa Festival or drink beer at Addison After Dark. Cool off with happy hour drinks and Dallas Cowboys watch parties at local bars. Try sizzling steaks and sweet desserts at the special DFW Restaurant Week menus at local restaurants. Learn all about this and more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week!
1. Mucky Duck is hosting a Dallas Cowboys watch party at 8 p.m.! Before the game starts, come by for happy hour from 3-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 3-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Specials include $7 specialty cocktails, $3.50 wells and draughts and $5 appetizers.
2. Watch the football game on Saturday night at The Back 9 Addison, where you can see the excitement on big screens while drinking and playing pool or darts. Come in Friday for happy hour from 4-9 p.m.where you can get ice cold $3 drinks. They are also hosting Sunday Funday party on Sunday with $3 wells, $4 calls, $3.50 domestics and $3 Fireballs.
3. Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill Restaurant Week menu is $49 per person and is available through Aug. 18. Your first course is a sampler plate, which includes the tenderloin crostini, ahi tuna nacho and crispy shrimp. This is followed by your choice of the Wedge salad, Caesar salad or seasonal soup. The main course includes a choice of chicken, filet mignon, beef short rib, ahi tuna, ribs or salmon, with your choice of amazing sides. Drinks and gratuity are not included. Make your reservation today!
4. At Table 13, you can get a three-course dinner for just $39 per person through Sept. 1 as part of Restaurant Week. This starts with Caesar salad, center cut wedge salad, Caprese salad, cold cucumber soup or lobster bisque. The second course includes your choice of Surf and Turf, seafood Puttanesca, Texas redfish, double bone hand-cut pork chop or steak Diane. The dessert is a delicious chef-selected option. You can also add sides and drinks for an extra price. Gratuity is not included. Reserve a seat now to make sure you can take advantage of this awesome deal!
5. Another week, another chance to salsa dance! Come out to the Vitruvian Salsa Festival on Saturday from 6-10 p.m. to dance to the live music of Tumbaka. Show up early for a free salsa lesson from 6:30-7 p.m.! During the night, give yourself a rest and refuel with tasty options from the on-site food trucks. It’s the perfect way to spice up your weekend!
6. It’s a weekend of creativity and beauty at Southwest Gallery, which is hosting its annual Summer Art Festival on Saturday and Sunday! See the talented work as 15 artists paint and create masterpieces live! There will also be glass artist, Sue Gott, and jewelry artists, Inga Brogia and Martha Bowles, from Kittrell Riffkind, who will be showing off their beautiful creations for you to browse, admire and purchase. It’s a great opportunity to explore these talented indivudals’ work, listen to soulful music and celebrate art!
7. He’s funny, he’s real, he wears a sombrero – he’s Chingo Bling and he’s coming to Addison Improv this weekend! Born Pedro Herrera III, Chingo is a rapper, actor, comedian and entrepreneur born to Mexican emigrants. He grew up in Houston and became an over-the-top Mexican cowboy with an outrageous style. He has released many studio albums and often showcases his Mexican American identity. He has more than 25 million YouTube views and appeared in the 2012 film Filly Brown alongside Gina Rodriguez. See this Latino hip-hop artist/satirical comedian this Friday, Saturday or Sunday night!
8. Bring your dog to Addison Circle Park this Saturday night for Addison After Dark: Pints and Pups! During this fun event, you can sip free samples in the beer garden, enjoy a free In-N-Out Burger (while supplies last) and enter your pet in the pup parade or dog trick contest. You can also listen to the live music Hot Soup at 7 p.m. and Epic Unplugged at 9:30 p.m. If you had a tail, it would definitely be wagging at this outdoor party!