Take a break from lounging by the pool to enjoy some of the many wonderful things happening in the North Dallas Corridor this week! Go on a date night to one of the finest steak restaurants in town, invite co-workers to drink with you at a local happy hour, laugh all weekend with friends at a hilarious improv show and treat yourself to new jewelry by shopping the trunk show of the amazing Bony Levy. Learn more in our guide of 9 Things To Do This Week.
- The sun stays out later in the summer and so can you — Al Biernat’s North is currently offering extended summer happy hour specials through August. Come in Sunday-Friday from 3-9 p.m. to get ½ off bar bites (like shrimp + mango ceviche or crab-stuffed jalapenos) and $2 off specialty cocktails (including Barrel-Aged Old Fashioned and the Black Cherry Lemon-Drop).
- Make your weekdays more exciting by having lunch or dinner at Arthur’s Steakhouse, where you can take advantage of their daily happy hour specials from noon-7 p.m. These include $4.50 house wine, $3.50 beer, $4.50 Imperial beer, $5.50 wells, $7.50 calls, $8.50 premium drinks, $7.50 martinis, and $9 frozen drinks.
- You don’t need a rocketship to go to outerspace this weekend, as Table 13 will take you there on their Fly Me to the Moon five-year anniversary celebration, taking place now through July 31. Come in for a special $50 four-course meal, which begins with seared Ahi tuna, Deviled Eggs or bacon-wrapped dates. Next is the soup or salad course, with your choice of house salad, Caesar salad, lobster bisque or tomato soup. The main course has many delicious steak and fish options, including filet mignon, double-bone hand-cut pork chop, sea bass, Texas redfish, Steak Diane or lamb chops. Finish with a slice of sinfully good chocolate Kahlua cake or Creme Brulee. Make reservations now!
- Enjoy an amazing meal at a fraction of the price by making reservations for the Wine and Dine event at Lawry’s The Prime Rib – Dallas from now until the end of the month. For just $59 per person, guests can get The Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salad for the first course; a california cut of roasted prime ribs of beef with mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding or an Atlantic Salmon with mashed potatoes for the main entree; and a pecan pie or Creme Brulee for dessert. During the evening, you will also receive your choice of a half-bottle of select premium red or white wine.
- The amazing Bidi Bidi Banda is performing from 7-9:30 p.m. Thursday night at Vitruvian Park as part of the free Vitruvian Nights Live. This Selena tribute band plays Selena’s greatest hits to get your hips moving and heart happy all night long. The band is made up of Stephanie Bergara on lead vocals, Victor Bustos on acoustic/electric guitar, Coby Ramirez on percussion, Frank Ramirez on drums, Rocky Reyna on bass, Luis Sanchez on keyboards, Marc Sustaita on trumpet and Joshua Thomson on saxophone. While listening to the movies, enjoy food trucks, outdoor games and relaxing on a blanket on the lawn.
- The only thing guaranteed at the 11th Annual Big Weekend of Improv is laughter — everything else will be an unexpected delight. The Alternative Comedy Theater is hosting this event at the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre on Friday and Saturday nights. Come in at 7 p.m. Friday to see Funny Side Up, Encyclopedia Moronica and Moxie Mischief Aerial Arts; 9 p.m. Friday to see Dirty Dawg$ Improv, The MonJOEScene and The Victims; 7 p.m. Saturday to see No Se, Hometown Improv and RED DIRT IMPROV; and 9 p.m. Saturday to see Sondheimlich Maneuver, Too Shy Guys and After Party.
- Admire beautiful jewelry at the Nordstrom Bony Levy Trunk Show from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday at Nordstrom inside Galleria Dallas. This one-day, exclusive event highlights the newest collection of jewelry from designer Bony Levy. You can browse hundreds of new styles, from diamond jewelry, exotic stones, 14kt trends and other one-of-a-kind pieces. Want to take some home? During this event, each guest will receive a 25 percent discount off all Trunk Show products for this day only.
- Work out at the 4th Annual Summer Sweat Series presented by GRIT Fitness and Renaissance Dallas Addison Hotel this Saturday at noon. Come in for an epic one-hour workout led by GRIT Fitness instructors, beginning at 12:30 p.m. Afterward, shop the vendor booths, enter the raffle, enjoy refreshments and more! This free event is open to the community.
- Goat Yoga is back this Saturday from 10-11 a.m. at Addison Circle Park. While working up a sweat and stretching your muscles, adorable goats will come by to cuddle or crawl on you! Afterward, you can play and take pictures with the goats (after all, did you really do it if it’s not on Instagram?). Register in advance for $19.