Popsicle-flavored donuts, cool cocktails and an outdoor party are on the agenda this weekend in the North Dallas Corridor! Temperatures are in the triple digits, so you deserve to treat yourself: enjoy ice-cold margaritas, compete in a hula hooping competition, attend an art show and see funny man Michael Kosta perform live. Learn more in our guide of 8 Things to Do This Week.
- Relax after a stressful day at the office at Ida Claire’s new Vinyl Hour, taking place every weekday from 3-6 p.m. and 9-11 p.m. Order $5 daiquiris, Ida’s Frose, hurricane’s or Old Fashioned; $5 rotating white, red and rose wines; $3 draft beer; $18 Tall Boy Buckets, $36 Canned Wine Buckets and $5 Bar Bites including the delicious Fried Pickled Okra, Crawfish Corn Beignets, Nashville Style Tenders and Butterbean Hummus. It’s so good, you’ll want to come back every day.
- Every day at the Quarter Bar and Grill in Addison, you can get a different drink for just $3! Wednesday is $3 Crown Royals in maple, vanilla or apple; Thursday is $3 wells; Friday is $3 Platinum vodka; Saturday, Sunday and Monday are $3 wells; Sunday and Monday are also $3 kamikaze, lemon drop shot or fireball cinnamon, $3 domestic drafts and $5 select premium drafts; and Tuesday is $3 SKYY vodka in all flavors.
- Sizzling fajitas, spicy tacos and chips and salsa you will never want to stop eating can be yours at Herrera’s Tex-Mex Addison, which recently opened inside the former Rio Mambos at 4021 Belt Line Road! This restaurant is a familiar favorite for many people, as the original Herrera’s was founded in 1971 by Amelia Herrera, and her children and grandchildren have carried on the tradition by opening various Herrera’s around the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Come in for your favorite authentic Tex Mex comfort food, strong margaritas and a family atmosphere. Welcome to Addison, Herrera’s!
- Whether you need an early morning breakfast run or a late-afternoon snack, Duck Donuts is there for you – they are open from 6:30 a.m.-7 p.m. every single day! This fun donut shop is now open in Addison, located at 3765 Belt Line Road. Come in for delicious hand-crafted donuts, including the famous Duck Donut, which is a vanilla cake donut that you can coat, top and drizzle however you want. Or, go with amazing made-to-order options. This summer, you’ll love the limited-time, popsicle-inspired options, like Citrus Pop (orange icing with lemon drizzle), Patriotic Pop (glazed with sprinkles), Strawberry Shortcake (strawberry icing with graham cracker crumbs and vanilla drizzle), Cookies and Cream (vanilla icing with Oreo crumbles and chocolate drizzle), Fruity Pop (blueberry icing with raspberry drizzle), Neapolitan (strawberry icing with Oreo crumbles and marshmallow drizzle), Key Lime Pie Pop (key lime icing with graham cracker crumbs) and more. Don’t forget to wash it all down with a hot or iced coffee.
- Listen to a free concert in the park this Saturday night by attending Addison After Dark. Tommy-O and the Bamboo Boat Band will be performing upbeat tunes at 8 p.m. The high-energy steel-drum sounds and Caribbean-style music will instantly transport you to an island state-of-mind – you’ll want to let your hair down, dance barefoot in the grass and drink a fruity drink!
- Saturday is the last day to see the Otis Huband: Recent Paintings and Collages and Jason Mehl: Sculpture at Valley House Gallery. Stop by to see Huband’s beautiful paintings of people and color, and Mehl’s sculptures based on recurring patterns of nature and how we remember. It’s a great opportunity to support local artists – and you may even find something you want to bring home with you!
- Michael Kosta, standup comedian and correspondent on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah is coming to Addison Improv this Friday and Saturday night! Kosta is the former host and co-executive producer of The Comment Section for The Kardashian Network (formerly E!), a co-host on Fox Sports 1’s, Crowd Goes Wild, and a former tennis player who was ranked 864 in the world. He also can be seen on Comedy Central’s Snapchat series, Worst Birthday, based on his successful podcast, and he is the star and creator of the web series, Sports. Kosta. Basement. See him in person, laugh at his jokes (or not) and have a drink during his live show this weekend!
- Aloha, y’all! Put on a grass skirt and a lei, because this Saturday is Addison After Dark’s Luau on the Lawn from 7-11 p.m. Addison Circle Park is transforming to an exotic island, where you can compete in limbo and hula hooping contests, drink a fruity pineapple sangria provided by America’s Finest Beverage Catering, and enjoy food from Cousins Maine Lobster, Kauai Soul Food Fusion and Snowie Naturals DFW. Other entertainment includes the 7 p.m. hula show presented by Grace Hula Dance Co., the 8 p.m. music from The Bamboo Boat Band, and the 10 p.m. fire dancer presented by Grace Hula Dance Co.