Even George Washington himself didn’t party as hard in 1776 as Addison residents do now, as the Town hosts one of the most impressive and unique Independence Day celebrations in the country. Practically all of Addison’s 16,000 residents (and more than half a million other people) come to Addison Circle Park every year on July 3 to celebrate Addison Kaboom Town! Don’t miss out on this patriotic day of fun, taking place from 4 p.m.-midnight.
“We are so proud to bring Addison Kaboom Town! to the community,” explains director of special events Jasmine Lee. “Addison is a world-class city, so it’s only natural that we create a world-class celebration of American Independence. Our amazing fireworks show will be bigger than ever, and we’re really excited about the skydivers, aerobatic pilots and historic warbirds that will take to the sky for the Addison Airport Air Show.”
Although the central party happens at the 12-acre park, the whole Town joins in on the festivities, with local restaurants hosting watch parties, the 23 hotels offering specials and the Addison Airport Air Show soaring and amazing everyone around. Of course, the highlight of the day is the 30-minute long fireworks show, which includes a full two-minute finale during which one-third of the shells are fired (most fireworks finales are approximately 30 seconds-1 minute long). In fact, this show is so good that it is consistently rated among the top fireworks displays in the U.S. by Inverse.com, the American Pyrotechnics Association, Yahoo, Fodor’s USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and Travel + Leisure Magazine.
Before the fireworks, you don’t want to miss the Addison Airport Air Show, where some of the oldest military heroes in the U.S. are celebrated in the air. The historic warbirds owned by theCavanaugh Flight Museum are real combat veterans from WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. The P-51 Mustang that will fly in the show is actually the only actively flying P-51 in the world with verifiable WWII combat experience! In addition, the show will open with the 36thInfantry Division Band of the Texas Air National Guard, and open and close with amazing sky diving teams who jump with an enormous American flag and LED-lighted suits. Finally, you can also see day- and night-time aerobatics done by stunt pilots – even some with pyrotechnics firing from the wings.
The events begin at 4 p.m. when the Addison Circle Park gates open. From 5-9 p.m., live entertainment will be available on the Budweiser Main Stage, as well as games, food and beverage sales. The amazing Addison Airport Air Show will begin at 7:15 p.m., followed by the fireworks show at 9:30 p.m. and a performance by famed party band Emerald City at 10 p.m.
If you’ve ever been to this famed event, then you probably remember how crowded it can get. Pro tip: the least-crowded area and one of the best viewing areas is at the carnival area on the south side of the park. If you are one of the luckiest few, you will get to see the show from on top the Ferris wheel! And don’t forget to tune into STAR 102.1 FM to hear the synchronized fireworks soundtrack.
Or, avoid fighting the crowds and secure your spot for the fireworks show by booking an Addison Kaboom Town hotel package. These packages, which begin at $65, include a hotel room, guaranteed admission for up to four people at Addison Circle Park, a selection of restaurant discounts and a commemorative picnic blanket. Most are so close to the park, you can walk there – something that is especially handy if you’ve had a lot to drink during the day and can’t drive home.
There are many other places to watch the show as well. In fact, only 10 percent of the guests who watch the show do so from Addison Circle Park. The rest find other vantage points, including the many watch parties. Some of these include:
- Addison Point Sports Grill: Outdoors DJ, face painting and balloon animals. Karaoke after the fireworks.
- The Back 9: Patio party with food and beverage; live music from 7 p.m. onward.
- Bitter Sisters Brewing Company: celebrate Red, White and Brews with great Bitter Sisters craft beer, tasty eats and games.
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum: Members of Cavanaugh Flight Museum can attend a private party with special viewing of the fireworks, food and drinks – all from the museum. Call the museum for membership and ticket information.
- Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill: Three-course dinner with private viewing party; reservations required.
- La Comida: La Comida’s very own DJ Righteous will be providing the sounds for the best atmosphere during the fireworks. House margaritas and the world-famous and award-winning Flamingo cocktail will be available for only $5 all day.
- The Lion & Crown Pub: Patio party on Addison Circle.
- Meso Maya: Celebrate Kaboom Town with drink specials from 4-7 p.m. including $5 house margaritas, wine, wells and select beer, queso or guacamole. There will also be $5 appetizers at the bar.
- The Mucky Duck Bar: Enjoy live music in our courtyard, BBQ, and specials on select draft beers.
- Nate’s Seafood & Steakhouse: Blues-themed watch party with the Jackie Don Loe band.
- The Quarter: Kaboom Town party starts at 5 p.m. – reservations required. DJ Brent spins before fireworks. Bingo for Quarter gift cards. Josh Lee band performs after the fireworks. Commemorative T-shirts available.
A full list can be found online.
More information about Kaboom Town!, including where to park, cooler limits, activities, food and beverage and more can be found here.
Addison Kaboom Town! is going to be a booming good time, filled with all the lights, drinks and dazzle that patriotic parties deserve. Wear your red, white and blue, gather your loved ones, and celebrate freedom how it’s meant to be – the biggest party of the year!