Summer is heating up and with it, the food is sweeter, drinks are stronger, events are better and movies are more heartwarming. Take your friends out to breakfast with seasonal pancakes, kick back and listen to live music in the park and cool off in the pool or by checking out a new movie. Find out more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Weekend.
1. The only thing better than Taco Tuesday is Free Taco Friday at Addison Ice House! Eat all the delicious tacos you want from 6-8 p.m. as the taco bar is free with a drink purchase. Or, stop by from 4-7 p.m. for happy hour, where you can enjoy $1 off all wells, wine and draft beer. Don’t miss this fiesta!
2. Skip your Friday afternoon meeting (who schedules these, anyway?) and visit Los Lupes Addison from 3-7 p.m. Here, you can enjoy the $2 happy hour, where you can enjoy house margaritas, domestic drafts, well drinks, bean and cheese nachos and queso dip for just $2 each.
3. Get food and drink specials at Cinco Mexican Kitchen from 3-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday! Lower prices on house margaritas, Mexican and domestic beers, house wine, wells and top shelf margaritas are available, as well as certain appetizers – like the Taijin wings, chicken flats, chipotle albondigas and fish ceviche mini tostadas.
Set your alarm this weekend and wake up to a delicious breakfast treats in the Corridor.
4. Visit Snooze an A.M. Eatery this weekend for a meal so sweet, it should be called a dessert. All of their pancakes are amazing – Blueberry Danish, Pineapple Upside Down and even Peanut Butter Cup are options – but right now, you can try the special summer flavor: Peachy Keen Cakes. These are buttermilk pancakes made with caramelized peaches and topped with house-made vanilla creme, raspberry mascarpone, almond streusel and a bruleed peach. Pair with bitter coffee for a delightful meal!
5. More wonderful pancakes can be yours at the Original Pancake House, home of delicious buttermilk pancakes and other amazing breakfast items (you have to try the Apple Pancake made with fresh Granny Smith apples and cinnamon glaze and baked in an oven). The specialty this summer are the Coconut Pineapple pancakes, where soft buttermilk pancakes are topped with crushed pineapple, toasted coconut and tropical citrus syrup.
6. Enjoy a beautiful summer evening outside at Vitruvian Nights Live this Thursday night from 7-9:30 p.m. Lay out on the lawn and listen to music from Desperado, an Eagles tribute band. In between, grab a bite to eat from on-site food trucks, play outdoor games with your friends and walk around the pretty Vitruvian Park. As a bonus, parking is free! It’s the perfect excuse to get out and spend time with your fellow Addisonites.
See a movie with the family this weekend!
7. Fans of The Beatles, alternative universes and comedies will love Yesterday, premiering this weekend at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 and LOOK Cinemas. In this fun film, starring Lily James, Kate McKinnon, Himesh Patel and Ed Sheeran, Jack (played by Patel) is the only one who remembers the songs from The Beatles after a global blackout makes everyone forget. He rises to fame singing these amazing songs, while struggling with losing the support of his childhood best friend in the process.
8. Kids and everyone who grew up in the ‘90s will love Toy Story 4, featuring all the usual suspects (Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz). In this story, the gang takes a road trip to save Bonnie’s new toy called “Forky.” Its heartfelt, emotional and amazing animation will make you feel like a kid again.
9. Slip on your favorite swimsuit and get ready to cool off in the pool with mermaids at Splash Bash this Friday from 6-7:45 p.m. The Addison Athletic Club is hosting this fun, family friendly event, which will include a 16-foot water slide, games, free Chick-fil-A, a photo op with mermaids and swimming! Members are allowed to bring up to four guests with them for $3 each.