Love wide-open spaces, breathing in fresh air and being surrounded by gorgeous flowers and nature? Then you’re in luck! The Town of Addison recently announced that it is expanding its outdoor fitness programs through the new Addison Outdoors program.
The Addison Outdoors classes will begin in May and take place during various times Monday-Saturday in Addison Circle Park, Beckert Park, Les Lacs Park, Town Park, South Quorum/Jefferson Street and Vitruvian Park.
The schedule includes:
- Tai Chi by Flowmobility: Mondays at 10:30 a.m. at Beckert Park
- Yoga by Fit Choice USA: various times throughout the week
- Goat Yoga by Goat Yoga Richardson: second and fourth Saturdays of the month at 10 a.m. at Addison Circle Park
- Pop Up Yoga by Pop Up Yoga Dallas: first, third and fifth Saturdays of the month at 10 a.m. at Addison Circle Park
- Bootcamp by Camp Gladiator: various times throughout the week
- Bootcamp by Fit Choice USA: various times throughout the week
- Dance Fitness by Fit Choice USA: various times throughout the week
- Hip Hop Dance by Trent P Hip Hop: first Saturday of each month at 11 a.m. at Addison Circle Park
- Boxing Bootcamp by Rincon Boxing
The full schedule can be found here. Register for all of these classes online except the Hip Hop Dance and the Boxing Bootcamp, which can be registered by emailing fitness coordinator Justin Pollard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town held a Kick-Off party for Addison Outdoors on May 1 at Addison Circle Park, where the community celebrated with games, fitness competitions, food trucks and prizes. There was also giant Jenga, zumba, tai chi and boxing demonstrations, goat yoga, a plank and squat challenge and more.
Working up a sweat has never been easier — or more fun! Enjoy the peaceful parks in Addison while getting some exercise in and bonding with the community at the same time. Sounds like a win-win to us!