Spring fever is in full swing in Addison! From trying mouth-watering new foods to celebrating Earth Day for the first time with the community, there is plenty to do this weekend. Cure your spring fever by getting out and enjoying the North Dallas Corridor – think of our guide of 8 Things to Do This Weekend as your prescription for a good time!
- Leave work early this Friday to celebrate Happy Hour at Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill, from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Wine is on the menu, as you can get more than a dozen different options – including Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, White Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc, Rose and more – for $7 a glass. All martinis and Housemade Infusion are also $7 each. If you get hungry, fill up on tasty appetizers, like the escargot baked in white wine, garlic parsley, butter and parmesan or the coconut almond-crusted shrimp served with Thai chili and wasabi sauces.
- Known for their delicious wings (they have the largest selection of flavors in Dallas!), Stadium Addison also has awesome Happy Hour deals. On Friday from 5-7 p.m., you can get deals on mixed drinks and beer, as well as $3.50 Fireball shots from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. On Sunday from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. you can also enjoy $3.50 mimosas and Bloody Mary’s, $15 domestic buckets and $3.50 Jack Daniels shots. Feeling hungry later? Come back from 10 p.m.-1 a.m. for the Late Night Dollar Menu, featuring a beef slider, soft taco, cheese quesadillas, homemade potato chips or homemade fries for just $1.
- Satisfy your seafood craving at the new Addison Sushi 469! Begin your meal with spicy edamame or stuffed soft shell crab or keep it light with a seaweed salad or a black pepper seared tuna salad. For the main course, choose a regular entrée (like the tasty hibachi entrée with salmon, chicken or filet mignon) or go for a unique specialty hot dog (you’ll love the Texas-style hot dog, which is a 100% beef hot dog topped with filet mignon beef teriyaki, wasabi cream and bonito flakes). Other options include stir fry, specialty rolls and dessert, including sweet Japanese milk donuts!
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar is going country this month and serving the Red Eyed Stranger burger. This Willie Nelson-inspired sandwich features a country-style seasoned pork patty on a hemp and oat-seeded bun with red eye mayo, green chili sauce, tobacco onions and fried egg. Not into this? There are many other delicious burgers, sandwiches and salads on the menu, just begging to be washed down with a specialty milkshake or cold beer.
- Wind down with wine and music this Friday from 8-11 p.m. at Mercy Wine Bar! French Twist will be performing, made up of Bethany Lorentzen on vocals, Giordi Frederick on keys, Travis Udall on bass and Kevin West on drums. This jazz band that plays smooth, standard and international jazz music. This delightful music paired with your favorite vino makes for the perfect date night combination!
- Chicago-based comedian Godfrey is coming to Addison Improv Friday-Sunday! You may recognize this funny man from his roles in Zoolander, “30 Rock,” and “Louie,” alongside Shaquille O’Neal on the TruTV series, “Upload,” or in his stand-up special on Comedy Central. Now this comedian, who has performed on international stages, is coming to Addison Improv to share stories and laughs with us. Tickets are available from $17-$27 per person.
- Happy Addison Day! Join the Town of Addison in celebrating this fun holiday at Cavanaugh Flight Museum from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. For more than 25 years, the Cavanaugh Flight Museum has celebrated the history of military aviation from their headquarters at Addison Airport. On Addison Day, the museum is invited all residents and business owners (and their families) to celebrate a free day of aviation fun, where you can see the museum and take discounted rides in historic aircraft and military vehicles. This special event will include carnival games and activities for kids, demonstrations with the Sherman tank, aircraft tours, and photo opportunities that are not normally open to the public. The event is free for all Addison residents, business owners and families, and $12 for non-resident adults and $6 for non-resident children ages 4-12.
- Go green this Saturday in honor of Earth Day! The Town of Addison is partnering with the Addison Arbor Foundation to host the first ever Earth Day celebration from 9-11:30 a.m. in the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre. Bring the kids to do crafts on the lawn, and don’t miss Laura Campbell’s presentation on the newest plant innovations from the Southern Living Plant Collection – beautiful plants developed in partnership with the editors of Southern Living Magazine. If you’ve been thinking about starting a garden, or just want an excuse to enjoy the great outdoors, this event is for you!