Love is still in the air this weekend! From Valentine’s Day-themed comedy shows to romantic dinners, our list of 10 Things to Do This Weekend has everything you need to treat your loved one (even if you’ve already celebrated this sweet holiday once this year!).
Save money and drink more at these Happy Hour locations in the Corridor, available all weekend long!
- Something different is available every day at The Londoner Addison. Get $1 off all drinks at Happy Hour from 4-7 p.m. Friday; Get $4 Bloody Mary’s, $4 Mimosas and $15 Mimosa Pitchers during brunch (until 3 p.m.) and $15 domestic buckets all day Saturday; and get $4 Bloody Mary’s, $4 Mimosas and $15 Mimosa Pitchers during brunch (until 3 p.m.), ½ price wings after noon, Happy Hour after 5 p.m., and $15 domestic buckets all day Sunday. Also, Sunday is the 5thAnnual Chili Cookoff from 1-4 p.m., where you can enjoy free hot dogs, sample chili and enter to win prizes!
- Cool beer and unique mixed drinks can be yours at The Mucky Duck this weekend. Come by Friday and from 3-8 p.m. to enjoy $7 specialty cocktails, $3.50 wells and draughts and $5 appetizers, as well as specials on the Jameson Whiskey Flights. Still thirsty on Sunday? Stop by anytime for specials on select draughts, wells, Tuaca, Jager, Rumple Minze and Fireball.
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib Dallas is celebrating love all weekend with a Valentine’s Dinner for Two for just $150 per couple (plus tax and tip). Start with one glass of Justin Vineyard’s Sauvignon Blanc or Cabernet Sauvignon, then split a shrimp cocktail and Lawry’s Famous Original Spinning Bowl Salas. The main course includes your choice of a 6 oz. California Cut Roasted Prime Ribs, served with mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding, or the Atlantic Salmon, served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. Finish with a decadent dessert – options include chocolate-covered strawberries or chocolate cake!
- Spice up your love life with a 3-Course Valentine’s Dinner at Cantina Laredo on Friday and Saturday, for $35 per person. Appetizers include a choice of Ensalada de Mango (a bowl of field greens with mango, mint, jicama, queso fresco and more), or Sopa de Pollo con Vegetales (creamy vegetable soup with chicken, tortilla strips and queso fresco). Next, choose the Enchiladas de Congrejo con Chile de Arbol (lump crab meat enchiladas), the Pollo en Mole Oaxaca (seared chicken with mole Oaxaca) or the Filet Chimichurri (sliced angus beef filet with chimichurri sauce). Finish with a tasty Baya Mezclado (mixed berries with Don Julio Tequila cream) or Dia y Noche Flan (Mexican custard and chocolate cake topped with cajeta sauce). You can also pay $15 more per person and receive the Rosarita cocktail with your main course and the Heart Warmer cocktail for dessert.
- Relax with beautiful jazz music at Soho Food and Jazz this weekend. Luqman Rashada kicks off Friday night with music from 5:30-7:30 p.m., followed by the John Adams Jazz Trip from 8-midnight. On Saturday, listen to Michael K Classical Guitar from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and Will St. Peter Jazz Trio from 8-midnight. On Sunday, you’ll be treated to Sergio Pamies Jazz Piano from 7-11 p.m. Enjoy your visit even more by ordering a specialty martini or something from their gourmet menu while you’re there.
- Texas Country music is coming to the Lion and Crown Pub on Saturday from 9 p.m.-1 a.m. Listen to the Keefe Auber Band, made up of Keefe Auber on vocals and guitar, Bill Prince on lead guitar and vocals, T. Randy Daniel on bass and vocals and Ed Haas on drums and vocals. This toe-tapping, boot-stomping, girl-twirling band bring a fresh energy to every show, where they sing original songs about love, loss and redemption as well as cover songs from many different artists.
From quiet reflection to uproarious laughter, there is art for everyone in the Corridor.
- Celebrate the beauty of the seasons as artist Jun Hao’s “A Journey Through the Seasons” exhibit opens at Southwest Gallery on Saturday, beginning with a Meet the Artist event from 1-5 p.m. Guests will be treated to light refreshments before they begin the tour of more than 20 realistic paintings that capture the wonderful process of nature changing throughout the year.
- Whether you are enjoying Valentine’s Day weekend with your significant other, or you are riding solo this year, everyone will enjoy the Five Heartbeats Valentine’s Comedy Show at Duke’s Icehouse at 8 p.m. Saturday. This hilarious event features comedians Kenneth Harris, Johnathan Mann, Dexter Givens and Denise Tomlins, and is hosted by Clarissa with special comedy guest Devon Rodgers. This talented group of men and women will be making audience laugh with jokes couples and singles can both enjoy!
- In honor of Black History Month, the Blacken Blues Theater is presenting Birmingham Still Burning this weekend at the at the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre. This is the story about Jae Cambridge, an African American business owner who betrays an entire generation of African American youths in order to maintain his own wealth and social status. This thought-provoking play covers difficult ideas in a way that is moving and entertaining at the same time.
- It’s the year of the pig and Galleria Dallas is celebrating! Attend the Chinese New Year Celebration on Saturday to see performances from Chinese artists, including song, dance Kung Fu and more, from noon-1:30 p.m.; Year of the Pig face painting from noon-3 p.m. and Phap Quang Lion Dance Team from 3-4 p.m. All ages are welcome to attend this free event, located on Level 1 near the ice rink.
- Get dressed up this weekend – and go to prom! Local nonprofit organization Keeping Families Connected is hosting the Ladyz & Gentz Second Chance Prom at Jam Box Fitness on Saturday. This is your chance to attend prom if you didn’t get to while you were in high school. It will include a live DJ, appetizers, dancing and a talk from Broadway the Giant, a New York-based motivational speaker, mentor, entrepreneur and artist. The event will also raise money for the nonprofit, which works to enrich the lives of young people. One way they do this is by providing free transportation to and from correctional facilities for families of incarcerated loved ones.