Technology seems to have entered its way into nearly ever facet of our lives. Therefore it is no surprise that even camping equipment has gotten in on the madness. From tents to microwaves, one thing is for sure; your camping experience will never be the same. The upcoming list of the six latest outdoor technologies is bound to make your great outdoors extravaganza much cooler.
1. The Eureka Nergy 1310 Electric-Powered Tent will enhance your night sleep ten fold. With ample room to hold up to ten people, the tent is spacious as it is useful. Inside, there is a 12-volt harness system that allows you to plug in any device at any time. This a piece of camping technology that you’ll definitely want to buy. ($370)
2. The Spark Spl sleeping bag from Sea to Summit may be even comfier than your bed at home. The sleeping bag weighs only 6.3 ounces, shrinks down into a ball that fits in your hand, and can keep you warm even when the temperatures reach as low as 46 degrees. Not to mention, the sleeping back is jam packed with down feathers. This piece of camping technology will keep you warm and dry no matter what the climate! ($269)
3. Whether you’re on the beach or immersed in the great outdoors, The ENO Double Nest Hammock is the perfect relaxation device. The ENO even calls this hammock their “bread and butter.” The hammock can fit up to two people and compresses into the size of a ball that fits into your hand. This hammock is a great asset to camping technology. ($69.95)
4. Forget stale sandwiches and power bars. The Wavebox Portable Microwave Oven brings a whole new meaning to camp food. The Wavebox Portable Microwave Oven is ultimately what the name suggests-a portable microwave that is contained in a small suitcase. This piece of camping technology will definitely elevate your outdoor experience. ($250)
5. The PelicanPro Gear Elite Cooler is perfect for cutting loose with some ice-cold beverages. The cooler boasts a lifetime warranty and can keep ice intact for up to ten days even when temperatures rise to 90 degree. ($259.95 for 35 qt)
6. Hygiene while camping is no longer unachievable with The Nemo Heleio Pressure Shower. This piece of camping technology can provide 5-7 minutes of steady water pressure, includes a seven foot hose with a sprazy nozzle, and only weighs 1 lb 9 oz. According to www.nemoequipment.com, the shower can also be used to “do the dishes, rinse off gear, water your plants, or wash the dog.” ($99.95)